Do you have a mustang seat? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Do you have a mustang seat?

I'm looking for a picture of a 950 with a mustang seat with the driver backrest. I want to buy one but i'd like to see what it llooks like on the bike first. Surprisingly google images didn't have many options... Thanks in advance.

Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 04:15 PM

Honestly, Id TRY to find a bike with a Mustang seat on it period. Any bike. See if you like it. I conldnt stand mine. Go to dealers and look through the used bikes if possible. I bought mine used and sold it then modded my own seat.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 04:20 PM

I have Vintage Mustang saddles on my 2011 VStar 650 Custom. The Mustang saddles are so superior to factory saddles there is no comparison. I have great lower back support and I have a bad lower back. Go to the Mustang web sight they have many pictures of there saddles on various bikes. Over the years I have had various saddles on a number of bikes you just can't beat Mustang saddles for build quality and comfort.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 08:52 PM

I have a09 950with a mustang wide touring seat & cobra sissybar. I Had one on my old 2001 650 classic custom. My butt would go numb after about 20+mi no issues on 200+mi rides now ,wife loves it to. her seat was alittle better on the 650 though.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 09:02 PM

trying to find what chip I have the pics on .try to post them tomorrow.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2014, 10:48 PM
Super Moderator

I've got the solo seat on mine. Comfort is more important than looks. I got mine upholstered anyway

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

Well what's everyone's recomendation as far as comfort? I thought a mustang was the way to go. Is there something more comfortable?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 04:39 AM

if your butt likes the stock seat stay with it . or test ride a bike with one before shelling out 400+ponies. if you only go on short rides it may not be worth it. I thought I was just getting old till I read review I could've rote.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 05:32 AM

Peachey there are many motorcycle saddle makers. If you are still undecided maybe you can ask around your local motorcycle community. I am sure you will find someone with a mustang saddle. Sit on one and you will understand why they get such positive reviews. You tube has a mustang factory tour on it another way to get more info. Good luck.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 06:44 AM

Here is one for sale with the Mustang seat....http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2...urer-110490504
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode