brake controller help on vstar - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

brake controller help on vstar

i have a 2006 vstar classic.
i bought the kuryakyn 4612 run turn brake controller (plug n play ), well when i received it and installed it the blinkers blink fast and when brakes are applied the blinkers stop until i let go of the brakes. i called kuryakyn and they thought bad ground, so heres what i did.

1 ran a ground from the battery to ground wire harness behind the plate, no change
2 ran the same ground wire from the battery to just one blinker, same result.
3 doesnt matter if i use zero one or two load equlizers

I had to return it and get a second one, which still does not work right. I called kuryakyn again and they have no idea whats going on.

Any help would be great,,,thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 12:21 PM

I don't have direct knowledge of this particular unit. But I have used a similar system on other bikes.

The best I can tell you is to check to ensure that all the wiring on your bike is stock and that you have definitely plugged into the correct wires. I have experienced some very odd results when adding or rewiring things on bikes. Usually found either that somebody had previously modified the wiring in some way or that I missed some very simple and obvious little thing.

As they say "If you can't fix it with a hammer and a wrench, then it must be Electrickery!"

Dave
2005 VStar 650
1990 BMW R45
Have had many others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode