Vstar 650 Budget bobber build - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Vstar 650 Budget bobber build

Hi again,
I posted in the new members section a while, probably around December but since then I've been hard at it with the vstar and also by adding the basics to my mission, like passing my bike test :-)
So far I have rejetted to mikuni 117.5 main jets because the previous owner had added 1.5" gutless pipes without doing a single thing to the carbs or air flow and was never running right from the start, hence why he sold it to me
While I was rejetting I thought I'd add a k&n airfilter too and complete the RAK modification from 650ccnd how to guide. Just gotta sync my carbs and adjust the valves now and job is a good un

My bike
2008 Yamaha vstar 650

Conversion progress :-

Fabricated the frame to accept a builtwell solo seat hinge

Fabricated thin pan solo seat and that is now complete and installed onto the bike.

Fabricated the rear fender to hug the rear wheel and attached to under side of the swing arm using a mig welder in 4 sections. Strong as an ox

Added 4 bullet indicators

Added a miller tail light & side mount number plate

Currently in the middle of painting the rear fender, tank & side panels

Will be adding white wall tyre paint to cut the cost of the budget bobber build , until I can afford some real white walls

Will also be adding new handlebars at some point.

Next steps...

UK MOT Certificate

Hoping that in 2 weeks I'll have my first road bike legal.

I'll add some pictures soon guys
Peace & ride safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode