Need advice as to if Carbs or not? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Talking Need advice as to if Carbs or not?

Greetings all

Wanted to pick some brains on issue I may be having before I get the dealer and my retirement account involved lol.

My 93 Vstar 1100 has been having some issues accelerating.. It does not run rough or anything so to speak but turning the throttle fast to accelerate results in what I feel like is a DELAY. Its like I turn the throttle all the way and it almost seems like the engine is 'limited' and refuses to kick in all the way.. Slower acceleration works fine... It's just when I really try to get on it that it messes up.

I adjusted the valves and synched carbs and changed oil few months ago but as I said from the feel of it it's running pretty good other than it won't jump when I say jump.

Maybe just the carbs are gunked up? And if so I was gonna give seafoam a try but wanted to know what you guys felt the best dosage was. ie... vacuum line or half a can in an almost empty tank.

Oddly I took it to dealer for inspection a month ago and asked him to check how it ran and he said it was fine. Does not feel fine to me.. Unless me getting fat has reduced acceleration that much lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 12:50 PM

Seafoam is junk, go to the Yamaha m/c or boat dealer and get some Ringfree and it works great.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 02:51 PM

have you checked or replaced your fuel filter lately or ever ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 04:27 PM

It's going to be really hard to say what's going on without knowing more about your bike. What size mains and pilots are you running? What intake and exhaust? How often do you ride...in other words...how much time does your bike spend sitting?

IMO, dumping stuff in the fuel tank usually makes you feel good, but does little to fix a problem.

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode