Lowers for V Star 1300 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-01-2014, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Lowers for V Star 1300

Does anyone know if the lowers for the Venture Royal Star Tour Deluxe can be made to work on a 2007 V Star 1300.

It seems like you can fit lowers to almost any Harley but I don't think I have ever seen a V Star with lowers fitted to it.

It seems that you can find a batwing faring without any trouble but so far I have not found anyone making lowers.

I have a set of Mustang crash bars on the bike and I suspect I will have to modify or loose them which will just have to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 07:40 AM

Memphis Shades Lowers, nice quality for the price, fit perfect with the crash bar and takes minutes to put on.
I can not imagine someone with a 1300 tourer not having lowers if you cruise above 65 MPH.

2014 Road King (current)
08 V Star 1300 Tourer
07 Suzuki C50 Boulevard

"debt is dumb, cash is king" ... http://www.usdebtclock.org/
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

I guess forgot to mention that I already put on a set of fork mounted air deflectors from "Buck" I think.

I had big hopes but it really did not make the problem go away so I would like to try really lowers that mount to the crash bars.

I am also ready to try a batwing fairing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 06:28 AM

It would be a help to see a photo of how they are mounted, something doesnt sound right.

2014 Road King (current)
08 V Star 1300 Tourer
07 Suzuki C50 Boulevard

"debt is dumb, cash is king" ... http://www.usdebtclock.org/
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 11:46 AM

Google JTD lowers and check those out. I've debated getting some of those for a few years, but keep putting it off, using those vinyl chap things to keep the cold air away during the cooler months.

HCTR
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alarmguy View Post
It would be a help to see a photo of how they are mounted, something doesnt sound right.
Here are some photos of the Buck air defectors that I have installed. Not much to chance regarding how they install. You can adjust them forward and backwards via the slotted holes but that is it. It does not make a big difference where they are. You still get more wind buffeting than I would think you should with this much windshield.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1563 (Medium) (2).jpg
Views:	97
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	31769   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1562 (Medium).jpg
Views:	79
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	31777   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1561 (Medium).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	31785  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

just what I was looking for

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCTR'S VStar 1100 View Post
Google JTD lowers and check those out. I've debated getting some of those for a few years, but keep putting it off, using those vinyl chap things to keep the cold air away during the cooler months.
Boy I wish I had seen these before I purchased the Desert Dogs. Anyone want to buy a slightly used set of desert dogs for a set of Cobra 1.25 inch crash bars.

I'll be ordering a pair of these lowers. The batwing is next, time to start the research on that product next but I have seen one that looks good from Reckless motorcycles that uses the stock windshield hardware. The stock windshield hardware looks really solid in my opinion.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Last edited by geobob; 06-03-2014 at 05:03 PM. Reason: wrong brand name
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 02:52 PM

It may be that your helmet is the problem with buffeting. I had one helmet that above 50mph, I felt like a bobble head doll. Got a different helmet and it all went away, no changes to the bike itself.

BLUE BIKE CLUB

2008 ROAD STAR

2008 KAWASAKI KLR 650

2014 Triumph Tiger 800 XC

My ride videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/roadstarblue/videos

Never run out of traction, ideas, and real estate at the same time.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueroadstar View Post
It may be that your helmet is the problem with buffeting. I had one helmet that above 50mph, I felt like a bobble head doll. Got a different helmet and it all went away, no changes to the bike itself.
I have ridden this bike with two or three different helmets and without a helmet and there is no getting around the wind. I think it might have a lot to do with the near vertical angle of the stock shield that is not adjustable in any way that I can see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode