Hello all, i would love some help as this bike is driving me nuts...
I purchased a 2007 Vstar1100 Silverado a few months ago with 2700 miles. It has a hypercharger and Bub pipes (not sure if its jetted).
I have put about 1000 miles on the bike since i purchased it and it has ran flawlessly.
About 100-150 miles ago it started to backfire and occasionally “sneeze” back through the air filter when I let off the throttle.
I did a bit of research and here is the troubleshooting I have done so far:
1. Removed “the lazy way” the AIS system – no change
2. Tried to find an air leak via carb cleaner – no luck
3. Tightened the exhaust pipes – no Change
4. Cleaned the carbs – This was my first time doing this so I went as far as removing to cover, removing the spring and spraying cleaner inside and around the carb. - No change
5. Checked the spark plugs – they look good to me – tiniest bit of whitish tint to them but look fine to me.
Over the last 100-150 miles the backfiring has gotten worse, the sneezing has gotten worse but it only seems to sneeze when I try to blip the throttle.
If I am on the throttle the bike runs fine its when im trying to blip or take off it sneezes and then when I let off, it backfires ,ometimes it scares me