Handlebar Replacement Options for 2009 V-Star 1300 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

Handlebar Replacement Options for 2009 V-Star 1300

Hi, I plan to replace the handlebars on my 2009 V-Star 1300 Tourer with something more comfortable (more pullback). From what I've read, there are several options:

1) Replace with re-designed OEM bars for 2010-up V-Star 1300's (part # 3D8-26111-10-00). I hear they have more pullback.

2) Replace with RSTD bars. Here there are options also, depending on if I go with Yamaha RSTD bars, Baron RSTD (part # BA-7308) bars or bars from SS Custom Cycle (Shane). The Baron's seem inexpensive, easy to get at Amazon, and don't require any cable changes:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A3TGC5XRRCX4P2

The thing concerning me about the Baron's bars is the "rise" seems several inches shorter than the other bars (I think the 8" rise in Amazon ad may be incorrect; it was 4-5" everywhere else I looked).

Has anybody tried the Baron's BA-7308, and/or compared it to these other bars? Does the shorter rise cause any problems?

Thanks!
Gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-05-2014, 09:07 PM

I got the RSTD type bars from Shane, and they're perfect for me '08 1300T. Was able to use the existing cables.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2008 Vstar 1300T
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 10:35 AM

You could also purchase 2010 1300 vstar bars they have 3 inches more pullback same cables no mods. Also I believe there is only one company that sells risers that will work with 1300's and they are expensive. The speedo being part of the mounting hardware is why not just any risers work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode