looking for a seat for the 650 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

looking for a seat for the 650

HI all I am looking for a new seat for the V Star 650, I have it narrowed down to Mustang and Saddlemen I like the fact that saddlemen uses saddle gel sounds comfy lol.. any opinions or first hand seat time is welcomed

Thanks Ron

2011 V Star 650
V&H Short Shots, Dyno Jet stage1, K&N air filter,Memohis Fats windshield, MH Instruments Premium audio system, HardStreet Saddlebags

Past Bikes

2003 Virago 250 stock
2005 V Star 650 stock
2001 V Star 650 loaded with accessories
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 10:24 PM

I need to know this too!
I plan to ride a TONNE this summer, including at least one long trip.

99' V-Star 650 Classic
- AIS deleted
- Kuryakyn black ISO grips

ENJOY THE RIDE, NOT THE SPEED.
"Assume everyone else is trying to kill you."
"There's always more lean!"

Glad to be back, I just wish the stores here were open on Sundays.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 01:53 AM

I need one to! I still have the stock seat on my 650 and when I go on long rides with scrc I feel like I'm sitting on a 2x4. Ooooo my back and butt hurts!

thanks,
Delkster

Thanks,
Todd
2011 Yamaha V-Star Custom 650 ( XVS650AB )

Southern Cruisers Chapter 017 (Southwest Al.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 11:29 AM

Just picked up a 650 last night and it came with a Mustang seat. My girl loves it, I don't. The reason I don't like it is because it's too wide and my butt is just too small, and it digs into the back of my leg. So if you're a skinny guy (I'm 5'11" 125lbs), probably may want to see if you can try one out or buy with a good exchange if it just doesn't work for you. My girl is curvier than me, with a bigger butt ( ) and she says the seat fits her amazingly and loves it.

Like I said, just got that bike last night, so take this info with a grain of salt. We are riding it out of state and back tonight though, so I'll update tomorrow with more thoughts on the seat from my perspective.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 06:51 PM

Smile Reply to seat question

I have recently changed my 650 custom seats both back and front to Mustang Vintage touring seats. Have done only one long 400 mile trip so far. Love the seats. I have a bad lower back and I had no problems on this last trip. Great lower back support. You also get a little extra back support by installing the passenger seat. I also installed the National Cycle Swiitchblade chopped tinted windscreen. Makes my 2011 Vstar Custom 650 a great touring bike.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 07:03 PM

Reply to seat question

I have recently changed my 650 custom seats both back and front to Mustang Vintage touring seats. Have done only one long 400 mile trip so far. Love the seats. I have a bad lower back and I had no problems on this last trip. Great lower back support. You also get a little extra back support by installing the passenger seat. I also installed the National Cycle Swiitchblade chopped tinted windscreen. Makes my 2011 Vstar Custom 650 a great touring bike.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2014, 09:05 PM

If anyone is interested - I have a studded saddlemen explorer seat from my 04 1100 classic. Excellent condition
$200 plus shipping
Email me at gbowen67 at gmail. Com
Thanks
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

I recently bought a Mustang from a member on another forum, it is so much better than stock

Thanks for all the replies

Ron

2011 V Star 650
V&H Short Shots, Dyno Jet stage1, K&N air filter,Memohis Fats windshield, MH Instruments Premium audio system, HardStreet Saddlebags

Past Bikes

2003 Virago 250 stock
2005 V Star 650 stock
2001 V Star 650 loaded with accessories
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode