Dynojet rejetting - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Dynojet rejetting

Hey everyone I know it's been a wile since I posted anything but I need some help I just got my dynojet jet kit in and it has 5 main jets and in the directions it says to use the 108 and the 110 main jet but I know that is just "suggested" but I want more power so my question is if I use the 110 and 112 main and 22.5 pilot for both would I need to adjust the c clip on the needle or will I be ok just leaving it where they tell me to put it????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyJoe View Post
Hey everyone I know it's been a wile since I posted anything but I need some help I just got my dynojet jet kit in and it has 5 main jets and in the directions it says to use the 108 and the 110 main jet but I know that is just "suggested" but I want more power so my question is if I use the 110 and 112 main and 22.5 pilot for both would I need to adjust the c clip on the needle or will I be ok just leaving it where they tell me to put it????
BIKE INFO ?

Ron

2011 V Star 650
V&H Short Shots, Dyno Jet stage1, K&N air filter,Memohis Fats windshield, MH Instruments Premium audio system, HardStreet Saddlebags

Past Bikes

2003 Virago 250 stock
2005 V Star 650 stock
2001 V Star 650 loaded with accessories
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

1100 with exhaust and will be installing individual air filters after jetting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 10:16 PM

We'd still need a lot more info than that. Exactly what filters will you be using....what exhaust....

Just an FYI....you don't get "more power" by changing jets. You can get additional power by changing the intake and exhaust, if it is done properly. Then you adjust the jetting to match the increased airflow to get back to approximately the exact same air/fuel mixture you had to start with.

With all that said....I'd toss that "kit" you bought on Ebay and sell it. There is no need to spend more than $10-$20 or so and get everything you need ....and I'd also get Mikuni jets...which is the standard for Mikuni carbs. Just about any Harley dealer has them in stock if your metric dealer doesn't.

I'd go HERE and start reading. Everything you need to know about proper carb tuning on an 1100 is there.

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2014, 10:37 PM Thread Starter

And still my question goes unanswered I came for help not to be talked to like a child and the "kit" I got was given to me so I did not spend any money on this at all I don't know about you but after I honestly don't want to go back into the carbs after I change/add anything for more performance
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 05:38 AM

the conversion chart shows your kit recommending 108 and110 those would be smaller than the stock mikuni jets you have in there now...there also recommending 22.5 pilots you should be using 20.0 anything more would be too rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dynajetchart.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	32089  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyJoe View Post
And still my question goes unanswered I came for help not to be talked to like a child and the "kit" I got was given to me so I did not spend any money on this at all I don't know about you but after I honestly don't want to go back into the carbs after I change/add anything for more performance
LOL... OK...talking to you like an adult...you got the wrong parts dude......good luck!!

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff

Last edited by Sick Mick; 06-11-2014 at 07:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode