Finally pics of my 2012 Vstar 1300 Tourer solo - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

Finally pics of my 2012 Vstar 1300 Tourer solo

I love this bike. I had a vision in my head when I purchased it, and it is finally coming together. My wife doesnt ride, so I knew a solo cruiser was i order. I was going for a timeless-classic look. Im 6'5 so as always, some comfort modification were on the agenda. I raised the handlebars to an upright position for comfort and looks. I had my seat redone at Astech Seats, starting over at the seatpan. It was widened and raised 2". Three densities of foam were used to create this, and then it was wrapped in leather to better match the factory bags. 4" foward controls set my legs into a comfy position, and the stock windscreen was tossed in favor of a Yamaha medium screen. Buffeting was suppressed through a set of chrome Harley wind deflectors. Yamaha driving lights and saddlebag guards were my winter projects. Though the exhaust was modified and sounded nice, more sound and a better look was added with a set of Cobra Speedster xtra longs, controlled through their fuel processor. My SSCC Retro Round air intake arrives today for installation. The front fender guard and solo rack are Show Chrome pieces. The rear fender trim and classic guage bezel are both National Cycle. The stock rubber was replaced in favor of Shinko 777 whitewalls, with Ride On in them for continous balancing and flat protection. Final touches include a leather wrapped Kruzer Kaddy, Kuryakyn throttle lock, chrome license plate surround, accessory plug, quick connect battery tender, and reflector removal. I have approximately 3200 miles on her, using only Mobile 1 V-twin 20w50 full synthetic with a K&N filter. I will be adding Kuryakyn floorboard mount highway pegs, 3" Cycle Sounds ipod music stereo, and an xtra LED brake/running light for the rear. Anyway, thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-06-08 12.52.41.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	32193   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140520_144222.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	32201  

Last edited by StarShipTrooper; 06-12-2014 at 11:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 02:57 PM

Bike looks awesome. Great work. It must feel really good to have a dream start coming together like that.

Ben C - Cary, NC

2001 XV1600A Road Star

2003 XVS650A V Star Classic
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarShipTrooper View Post
I love this bike. I had a vision in my head when I purchased it, and it is finally coming together. My wife doesnt ride, so I knew a solo cruiser was i order. I was going for a timeless-classic look. Im 6'5 so as always, some comfort modification were on the agenda. I raised the handlebars to an upright position for comfort and looks. I had my seat redone at Astech Seats, starting over at the seatpan. It was widened and raised 2". Three densities of foam were used to create this, and then it was wrapped in leather to better match the factory bags. 4" foward controls set my legs into a comfy position, and the stock windscreen was tossed in favor of a Yamaha medium screen. Buffeting was suppressed through a set of chrome Harley wind deflectors. Yamaha driving lights and saddlebag guards were my winter projects. Though the exhaust was modified and sounded nice, more sound and a better look was added with a set of Cobra Speedster xtra longs, controlled through their fuel processor. My SSCC Retro Round air intake arrives today for installation. The front fender guard and solo rack are Show Chrome pieces. The rear fender trim and classic guage bezel are both National Cycle. The stock rubber was replaced in favor of Shinko 777 whitewalls, with Ride On in them for continous balancing and flat protection. Final touches include a leather wrapped Kruzer Kaddy, Kuryakyn throttle lock, chrome license plate surround, accessory plug, quick connect battery tender, and reflector removal. I have approximately 3200 miles on her, using only Mobile 1 V-twin 20w50 full synthetic with a K&N filter. I will be adding Kuryakyn floorboard mount highway pegs, 3" Cycle Sounds ipod music stereo, and an xtra LED brake/running light for the rear. Anyway, thanks for looking.

WOW that my friend is probably the best looking Stars I have ever seen...you should be very proud

Ron

2011 V Star 650
V&H Short Shots, Dyno Jet stage1, K&N air filter,Memohis Fats windshield, MH Instruments Premium audio system, HardStreet Saddlebags

Past Bikes

2003 Virago 250 stock
2005 V Star 650 stock
2001 V Star 650 loaded with accessories

Last edited by rpm121370; 06-12-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 06:20 PM

Nice! awesome bike!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys!! Here is the intake I received and threw on after work. Really nice quality! More upper legroom too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140612_173125.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	32226  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 04:23 AM

wish i had those bags and rail on my vstar Cl 1100 ))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode