2007 V-Star 1100 Silverado - known issues - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 11:49 AM Thread Starter

2007 V-Star 1100 Silverado - known issues

He everyone,

I just picked up my first cruiser. It's a beautiful completely stock 2007 V-Star 1100 Silverado. I've only ridden it for the test ride, and home from the sellers house, and it ran great. I don't have a whole lot of experience with cruisers, as I'm a former sport bike guy. An help with known problems, maintenance tips, mod tips, etc... would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 04:45 PM

The 1100 is darn near bullet proof.

Some people have issues with the starter clutch, but if you learn how to start it properly that is really not an issue. Some also complain about it beiung hard to change oil, but again, it's mostly overblown and once you do it a couple times it's not that big of deal. Other than that, expect to get 200,000+ miles out of it with proper maintenance. It's also easy and relatively inexpensive to crank out another 15 HP over the stock set up

If you're looking for one of the best bargains in a medium cruiser...that is the one.

HERE is a link to the V Star 1100 wiki Knowledge Base - New Owners Section. Go there and read.... it's got pretty much everything you need to know about the bike.

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick – 6* Tree - 2" extended forks – 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock – Pods – Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 05:49 PM

Garage
The only thing I didn't like about the 1100 is that there was no warning sticker about the perma grin you get when you ride one . BTW, in the link that Mick gave you, there's also a link to the maintenance manual for the 1100.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 10:57 PM

Garage
Welcome to the forum from Northwest Illinois. I have one of those permanent smiles since I bought mine. Every time I get in the saddle I am more pleased with the 1100. Post often and ride safe.

Working on my 'bucket list' and enjoying every minute of it!!

Old V Star Man
2007 V Star 1100 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode