Saddlebags for '09 V Star 650 Classic - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Saddlebags for '09 V Star 650 Classic

I'm looking to add saddlebags to my '09 V Star 650 Classic and the ones from Viking Bags look interesting. They only sell direct and without seeing them in person or doing a test fit it is difficult to know what size to buy. Has anyone bought and hard mounted these bags to their 650 Classic?

2009 V Star 650 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 04:18 PM

Here is a picture of my 04 650 classic with new saddlebags. They aren't hard mounted, but I may work on that in the future.

The dimensions on them are 20Lx11.5Hx6.5D for comparison. Do you know the dimensions of the vikings you are looking at?

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-15-2014, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Was considering the Viking Warrior at 17.50"x11"x6"

2009 V Star 650 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 06:52 AM

Also for size comparison, I have the Willie&Max hard mounted bags. Synthetic leather, had them for probably 3 years now. The OUTSIDE dimensions are 20" long, 11" high, and 7.5" wide. The inside width is closer to 6". Getting the biggest bag that will fit your bike is the best idea, you won't regret it. They fill up quick though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	018.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	33770   Click image for larger version

Name:	022.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	33778   Click image for larger version

Name:	024.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	33786  

Last edited by Dave; 07-16-2014 at 06:54 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 06:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Also for size comparison, I have the Willie&Max hard mounted bags. Synthetic leather, had them for probably 3 years now. The OUTSIDE dimensions are 20" long, 11" high, and 7.5" wide. The inside width is closer to 6". Getting the biggest bag that will fit your bike is the best idea, you won't regret it. They fill up quick though.
Dave - those bags look great and your bike looks identical to mine. I will check those bags out for sure. Any chance you remember the part or model number of the bags?

2009 V Star 650 Classic

Last edited by SteveM; 07-16-2014 at 07:04 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 12:28 PM

If you check out the Willie & Max website you'll see them. I think they are called "revolution" hard mount bags. You'll want the large size, 20.5" by 11.5". I bought mine from a motorcycle shop for like $339 IIRC. They came with all the hardware to mount but you must drill holes through the backside of the bags yourself. This is so you can mount them at the height that is right for your bike.

I took several hours mounting mine. Measured everything about 10 times to make sure the bags were symmetrical and even with the top of the rear fender. So far in the years I've had them they still look good. I clean them with just a damp clean washcloth. I used to put armor all on them when they were new but stopped. I like the dry look better.
Only complaint I had was after mounting the angle of them didn't seem quite right. They kind of tipped in at the top towards the bike. Looked funny from behind. Went to the hardware store and bought 4 new longer bolts and a bunch of washers to use as spacers. Figured out where I wanted the bags and added washers to get it right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode