Lowered my brake pedal - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Lowered my brake pedal

On my 1300 Deluxe the brake pedal was nearly vertical and I had to pick my foot way up to step on the brake. I considered having the fab shop re-manufacture the arm and then I thought since it was a splined shaft I could remove it and rotate it. That was going to require removing springs (never a good idea for me) so I asked the shop when it was in for some other mods.

Turns out the pedal position is adjustable on the shaft, just loosen the lock and screw the shaft. So simple, but I'm not mechanically inclined so I didn't even look that close. Now my pedal is down close to the floorboard and wow it is so much easier to use.

Just wanted to pass it along in case anyone else feels the same about their pedal. I don't know if all models are the same, but it's pretty easy to see (when you're smart enough to look).

Ride on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 01:59 PM
Elk

I need to do this as well, but I'm waiting until riding season is over. Just don't want to lose any riding time in case I break something.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 02:57 PM
KES

I did the same I also adjusted the brakel ight switch so I can have my boot resting on the pedal without activating it, no more lifting for said pedal again and no the pads are not trying to engage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode