oil filter confusion.... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Question oil filter confusion....

Ok, this question maybe dumb but this is my first time doing an oil change on a vstar, i got a replacement oil filter from a dealer and they gave me a HiFlow Filtro HF145 but its just the insert part of the filter, is this right?....i took off the old filter and its the whole thing....am I sopossed to pull apart the old filter and put the new filter inside the old chrome casing?...if so, how is that done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 07:15 PM

The factory oil filter is located on the right side of the motor and requires removal of the front exhaust pipe to access it. It sounds like you have an aftermarket oil filter relocation kit. Is your filter mounted in front of the motor and bolted to the frame with 2 hoses attached to the filter mount? If so, you have a filter relocation kit. If that's the case, take your old filter with you wherever you are going to buy one so they can match it up. My relocation kit is a Perf-Form and uses a Fram 6017A filter.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 07:16 PM

Garage
The original oil filter is internal. If you can see yours you probably have the oil filter relocation on.

Need some wind therapy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Shshiiiiiit...no wonder, yeah I have the jardine kit on it.....it takes a Road Star oil filter.....hahaha........damn I was really cobfused there, the only time i had to use an internal filter was on a dirt bike so i was a little thrown off.....thanks everyone!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode