What parts would you like for your 650? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

What parts would you like for your 650?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into producing some parts, at a reasonable cost of course, for the vstar 650. Are there any parts, stock replacement or otherwise that you think need to be made available for our bike?

As an example, I've already completed a drawing of a speedometer cable guide replacement as the stock plastic one looks like crap and breaks all the time. Yamaha makes an aftermarket one but it is expensive (46 dollars) pus the opening isn't even big enough to put the cable nut through without scratching it up.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 08:09 PM

How about a small luggage rack that replaces the rear seat. It could fit the bracket on the riders seat and use the nut in the center of the fender. I'm thinking just a flat brushed aluminum or chrome piece with cutouts (maybe you could make a couple different ones) that we could bungee a bit of cargo to. Just a thought....

BLUE BIKE CLUB
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2014, 08:23 PM

When I started reading this thread, I thought "there isn't really anything that I'm looking for."

Then I realized that I am actually looking for both of these items. How long to go from your existing drawing to an actual manufactured speedo cable bracket? How much are you going to charge for it?

Ben C - Cary, NC

2001 XV1600A Road Star

2003 XVS650A V Star Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlawrence View Post
How about a small luggage rack that replaces the rear seat. It could fit the bracket on the riders seat and use the nut in the center of the fender. I'm thinking just a flat brushed aluminum or chrome piece with cutouts (maybe you could make a couple different ones) that we could bungee a bit of cargo to. Just a thought....
Thank you. Doesn't Yamaha make one of those luggage racks? For some reason I remember my friend having one.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2014, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pangea33 View Post
When I started reading this thread, I thought "there isn't really anything that I'm looking for."

Then I realized that I am actually looking for both of these items. How long to go from your existing drawing to an actual manufactured speedo cable bracket? How much are you going to charge for it?
I'm getting quotes on the speedo guide right now so I'll see if its possible. I know on the other forum aluminum head covers were a big thing. I'm working on some drawings for them too.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones11 View Post
Thank you. Doesn't Yamaha make one of those luggage racks? For some reason I remember my friend having one.
I think you are right. I know I e seen some after market ones.

BLUE BIKE CLUB
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 08:25 PM

Managed to break my speedo guide last weekend, any good alternatives available?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode