2007 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Video Review - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

2007 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Video Review

I recently did a VLOG about my 2007 Yamaha V-Star 1300. You can check it out my

I'd be interested for those that have this model, if they agree or disagree with some of my findings. I also do a bit of a comparison with a Suzuki Boulevard M50 which is the bike I upgraded from.

And for those that would like to just skip to the conclusion:

For the money, I think it's a great bike and I'm happy with my purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 10:45 PM

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 07:39 AM

Garage
He's talking in Kilometers. Great VLOG Pfm. you should do another on the performance of the bike in the mountains, let's say near Banff . The views would be great I'm sure.

Good work on this one, keep them coming.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2014, 05:09 PM

Great video! I have an 08 and honestly I can't complain one bit, there are some things they could have done better like a fuel gauge and 6th gear. I was considering trading mine in for a HD Street Glide but basically for some cosmetic things and gauges. I will agree that when the fan kicks on there is quite a bit of heat but its nothing major in my opinion. If you do the usual trifecta of full exhaust, air intake and a fuel module it wakes up that 1300 a lot! Plus gets rid of the jerkyness at low speeds. Its been so long since Ive had the stock exhaust on I cant remember what it sounded like but remember hearing the transmission something awful,lol. Its a great cruising bike for anything from city to shorter trips. I'll say it again though, I just wish it had a 6th speed and a fuel gauge, then it would be about the perfect bike! Im ditching my stock seats over the winter for a Mustang set with driver backrest, believe me once the novelty of the new bike wears off your butt will be letting you know after a couple hours! Enjoy the new bike.

2008/ 1300 V Star
Kuryakyn Pro R hypercharger
Road Burner 2.5" Street Pros
Dyno-Jet fuel processor
Yamaha OEM Passing lamps
Yamaha OEM highway bars Kuryakyn pegs
Tsukayu Strong JUMBO hard bags
Wicked Lightening green LED's
Kuryakyn Triple Whammy
RecklessMotorcycles fairing w/Rockford Fosgate amp
Klock Werk 6.5" windshield

V&H Big Shots for sale
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 10:23 PM

It was quite a jump for me, from 1980 Honda CB900C, to a street cruiser. Miss the rpm guage and the snappy response. It took me a bit of testing to get the engine right for the gears, but now I run 1-4 on 55mph roads and 5 on the interstate. With this setup I get 43 two-up riding. I chose this bike for the mpg and ride reveiw of other people.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 10:58 AM

I would rate a little higher on most of the parts the video blogger rated. It is a fun bike for sure. I like the windshield height more than the reviewer. While I have a 2013 1300 Deluxe, much of the bike is the same. I do have the fairing and windshield. I actually like the sound of the bike as I'm not into the wake the dead pipes. I may drill the exhaust to increase the air flow.

I agree that the transmission is a bit clunky but mine has begun to smooth out some. (A BMW transmission it isn't). I also agree that the seat needs to be upgraded. Mine still has the stock saddle and pillion pad. My wife wants a better seat when she rides. I can tell when her back side gets numb because she starts wiggling. On our last ride she. started wiggling and I started to get numb too. I'm 6 feet tall at 185 and she is 5'8" tall and weighs considerably less than me-enuf said.

I like the performance as is without upgrades. But I am sure that as mentioned above a fuel management system, a high volume breather and low back pressure exhaust will "wake it up."

2013 Yamaha V Star 1300 Deluxe
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 08:57 PM

We do have the Mustang Seat (bought with it) on ours and like it. The wife like it better than the double bucket Saddleman that came with the Honda.

Last edited by vanderlinden_j; 08-19-2014 at 09:00 PM. Reason: the post needed more reply
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
But I am sure that as mentioned above a fuel management system, a high volume breather and low back pressure exhaust will "wake it up."
This is true. I could have sworn the front wheel was going to come off the ground in second gear one day while I was testing things out.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2014, 10:03 PM

Doesn't look like this has been asked but what kind of camera are you using? That quality is freaking insane. Kind of has the fish eye of a Drift camera. Also great video man. I can't wait to get my V Star.

Last edited by ryuclan; 08-19-2014 at 10:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode