Handle bars? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
SSC

Handle bars?

Hi all I've been tweaking my bike to better fit me. Has anyone seen a stock height handle bar that will work on my 1100 that does not pich backwards like the stock bars at the end? Kinda wanting something like a cross between a drag bar but stock height if that makes sence. I've been looking on eBay and some of the bike websites and can't find what I'm looking for. I moved up my bars quite a bit further then the stock location actually had to remove the top bolt from my windshelid and it made a huge difference no pain in shoulders but I need about 1 extra inch to be perfect

2008 V-Star Silverado 1100. K&N filter, airbox mod passenger floor boards, all light visors, ISO grips, Cobra slash cut mufflers, Saddleman touring seat/ tourpack. Lots of little extras.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 07:08 PM

Hard to find them with rise but no pull back. How about getting 1"-2" or taller risers and a drag bar?

I have shoulder and neck issues as well and apes totally solved all my riding discomfort. I started with 12" then moved to 16" and I'll never go back to regular bars.

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-16-2014, 08:36 PM

Sick Mick, I was thinking about putting 12" apes on my 2000 Roadstar, did you have to change all the cables and brake lines?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 12:29 AM

On my 1100, I just had to change the upper brake hose for the 12". I'm not sure on the Roadie. I changed them all for the 16". Keep in mind that it is recommended to change rubber brake hoses every 4-5 years anyway. I went with stainless steel braided lines this time...much better performance.

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
SSC

Yeah I was thinking about doing the risers and the drag bar I don't think I've seen any that go high enough to hit that no pressure spot. Sucks being all jacked up. I'm tempted to try and take my bars off and see if my friend at the muffler shop might be able to tweak then a tad

2008 V-Star Silverado 1100. K&N filter, airbox mod passenger floor boards, all light visors, ISO grips, Cobra slash cut mufflers, Saddleman touring seat/ tourpack. Lots of little extras.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 11:03 AM

Hey Mick, how long brake hose did you have to get? Would like to go with 12" apes on my 04 1100 classic.

Sonysnek
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-17-2014, 11:45 AM

You know....I can't remember for sure, like maybe 2"-3". I just called Tim at Metric Magic and he got it for me.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-18-2014, 11:06 AM

ok. thanks.

Sonysnek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode