Yamaha Factory Sissy Bar - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Yamaha Factory Sissy Bar

Hello all, new guy to the Star world here. I just purchased my V-Star 1300 Deluxe and ordered the Factory Sissy Bar, mounting brackets, etc. and the passanger floorboards.
I would like to get a jump on planning for the install of the sissy bar and am wondering if anybody has a step by step on how to do this.
I have done a search but couldn't locate anything.
Thanks in advance,
Marty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 07:14 PM

It's going to be so easy you won't believe it. There are two bolts going through the metal eyebrows on each side of your fender. You'll take those out and put longer bolts through your two new metal sissy bar support brackets for each side of the fender. The backrest/sissy bar will have two vertical poles with a couple holes that fit down into the tops of those brackets. Tighten everything down, admire your work, and go for a ride.

Ben C - Cary, NC

2001 XV1600A Road Star

2003 XVS650A V Star Classic
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-25-2014, 07:59 PM

I found that on the Deluxe I had to remove the hard saddlebags to do the install. The bags are held on with four fasteners each. The fasteners have thread locker on them so they will seem extremely tight but they will break loose. Don't forget to be careful with the iPod connector and wiring in the left bag. IIRC correctly the wiring will unplug so you can set the bag aside.

The install is straight forward as Ben outlines above but you will have to sort out the spacers to get the right spacing between the fender and eyebrows and the sissy bar attachment.

2013 Yamaha V Star 1300 Deluxe
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 04:57 AM Thread Starter

Thank you guys!
I was afraid I might have to remove the wheel to do it. Since I have just made a move and don't yet have my motorcycle lift or jack with me I was hoping I didn't.
Thanks for the good info, it's a relief to know it's that easy to do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode