Bike Stalls after some gas - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

Bike Stalls after some gas

Guys,

I posted that before but I can't find the thread.

I've a vstar 650 2008 with only 2000 miles. I left the gas valve opened for 2 months and the bike didn't start. So, following all the recommendations I took out the clean up. So, I did put it back together and since the bike starts with a bit of chock, after warms up idle is ok but if I turn the throttle like 1/4 the bike just dies. I checked in other forum and they recommended to clean that up again. So, I did 4 times, removed all the parts making sure that everything was really clean. I had a friend that worked with bikes before coming over the weekend to check and the carbs are really clean.
I tested also spraying some carb fluid on the base to check if I could find some vacuum leak but nothing.
I checked all the cables and looks like is ok. I did bypass the gas filter to make sure that wasn't clogged also, but got the same thing.
I'm running without options, do you guys have any hint or idea of what is happening?

tks!
MOJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Guys,

I spent another sunday trying to fix it. This time I tested the gas pump and no problems. I cleaned up and decided to remove the seals from the mixture screw. Removed the screw to cleaned up. Put everything together and tried again. Samething. .. tried to adjust the PMS but always when give some gas it dies... Next weekend I'm thinking on separate the carbs, it's my only hope. Do you guys think that should I try the TPS also?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 11:31 AM

I don't know if this will help but I don't see why leaving the petcock open would have any effect on it starting after sitting for a couple months. I am tempted to say that you didn't reassemble something correctly but you say you were having this issue before disassembly. Have you checked the filter and air box? Maybe some critters decided it would be a nice place for a home. I'm assuming the two months the valve was left open the bike was just sitting. Have you checked your plugs? What about fresh fuel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode