Corbin dual tour seat - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Corbin dual tour seat

Does anyone have any experience with this seat? I like the idea of a passenger backrest without having to buy the yamaha one. I've never sat on a Corbin though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

2014 Vstar 1300 deluxe. Sorry.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 02:50 PM

I put about 7000 miles on a Corbin dual tour this year. Really comfortable after some use, but it took some getting used to. It is a saddle in the truest sense of the word. While many seats go for cushioning as the source of comfort, the Corbin goes for perfect weight distribution on a very firm surface.

The seat I had was well loved and had a lot of miles on it. It came on the bike when I got it and left on the bike when I sold it. Overall it was a fantastic seat and I would like another one, but I'm not going to pay retail for it. Holding out for an E.D. or an Ultimate as my next seat purchase, but did very much like the Corbin. With a backrest you're looking in the neighborhood of 800-900 for one of those seats, and there is a reason they can charge that much.

I'd buy another used one if it came available in the $300 range, but I've already mentioned what I'll buy once I hit the $500 range. Once real nice feature is the ability to put the backrest in either position. My bike had a tourpack so the backrest was for me, but that's flexibility you can't get with most other brands.

Ben C - Cary, NC

2001 XV1600A Road Star

2003 XVS650A V Star Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I'm between the ultimate and buying a sissy bar, or the Corbin with the backrest that my wife can use. Either way, it's going to be close to the same money. I haven't figured out why the sissy bar is so expensive.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 06:53 PM

One of the reasons I went back to an 1100 after a two year hiatus is that the bike fits me like a glove. I have ridden sleds, jet skis, dirt bikes and ATVs, and none fit me as if it was made for me like the VStar. Actually, my King Quad 500 comes pretty close. Anyway, the factory seat on mine only gets me about 30 minutes before I start to feel uncomfortable, and after an hour, I absolutely have to get off and stretch.

I find that standing up at stop lights and other opportunities, even if just for a few seconds, helps me recover enough to go on for another 10-15 minutes before starting to become uncomfortable again.

I would like to get another seat, but am terrified that it will affect that perfect position that the bike puts my 6'1, 225 lb body in. I don't want to mess with it.

Is there an aftermarket seat or options that will not change the seat height or anything else that would affect the seating position??

Sorry if this hijacks the thread, thought this related topic would be of interest .

Current Ride: 2013 Honda F6B

Former Rides:
2004 VStar 1100 Classic
2008 VStar 1100 Silverado
1982 Suzuki GS650S
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 07:42 PM

Ultimate seats make the claim that you'll remain exactly where you are in the stock seat. I didn't even think too much about this until your post.

Originally I was hoping to get my hands on an E.D. seat, but all of their seats are designed to sit you about 3/4" lower than the stock seat. I've got my fairing windshield height right where I want it. Looks like I'm saving for that Ultimate seat now.

"Our V-Star Midrider seat will sit you at the same height and the same distance to the handlebars as your stock seat."

http://www.ultimateseats.ca/yamahavs...sic.html#specs

Ben C - Cary, NC

2001 XV1600A Road Star

2003 XVS650A V Star Classic
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-07-2014, 08:49 PM

Great advice, thanks. I have checked out the Ultimate seats and they look like the answer. Will continue to investigate.

Current Ride: 2013 Honda F6B

Former Rides:
2004 VStar 1100 Classic
2008 VStar 1100 Silverado
1982 Suzuki GS650S
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 09:16 AM

I researched many seat manufactures before I purchased my Mustang wide Vintage seat with front back rest. Of course the damage was in the $600 range but I got the two piece and is works great with the sissy bar I already have on... The front back rest takes some getting use to but really like it now.

rwooley

2012 Yamaha V-Star 950 now with 7000 miles bought with 189 miles

To many new accessories, mods to list...

rwooley
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-29-2014, 06:54 PM

I purchased an Ultimate seat with backrest. I just completed an 6900 mile ride through the Canadian and US Rockies and I couldn't be happier. Seat was fantastic. I had not issues. I have never ridden with a mustang seat and it might be as good, but I know the Ultimate is great. You cant go wrong with an Ultimate.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2014, 04:41 PM

I've got about 13,000 miles on my Dual Tour equipped 1300 Deluxe. Still lovin' it, hoping for many more miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode