Lock Dilemma - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to PolarBearCub
Unhappy Lock Dilemma

Dear fellow V-Star riders,

I love my bike, it's my very first, but I cannot possibly be the only person to have ever encountered this problem. I had the pin shear off in one of my original saddlebag locks, after an hour long struggle a friend of mine got it off and apart. Finding a replacement has been a challenge, the best I have come up with thus far is two options. One, I did find amongst my googling that Yamaha offered a replacement kit for roughly $13.00 and Two, buy a completely new lock assembly kit. I opted for option one, however, it is not what I had hoped for, the parts are plastic where mine were metal and the pin on the inside of the lock was different from the original, after a gruesome morning of wrestling with the original lock to get the lock cylinder out of the sleeve to potentially put into the plastic sleeve, I cannot figure out how to put the pin back into the lock cylinder so it stays. I am so very frustrated right now that I am just about ready to give up and buy the new locks for about $80 a piece.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Liz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to PolarBearCub
Cool

Nevermind! I have never been this happy to say I figured it out! The lock kit works. Part number 90891-20119-00 KEY CYLINDER KIT. I will say that once I figured out how to get the pin to work to get the key cylinder out everything went smooth. By the way that kit gives the parts for both locks not just the one. I ordered two so now I have a spare.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 05:27 PM

Garage
Glad we could help eh

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-13-2014, 09:19 PM

Garage
Way to go Liz, you didnt give up and figured it out. Welcome to the world of biking! As Corsair said, glad we could help, lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode