2015 V Star 650 is the Midnight Custom. Now I want to trade. - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

2015 V Star 650 is the Midnight Custom. Now I want to trade.

I got a 2013 V Star 650 last May. Not just because it was cheaper than a 2014, but because it was black instead of silver. I always wished it was the midnight custom version because the front end of the Midnight Custom is more badass.

I believe the 2014 Canadian V Star 650 was the Classic. We had a discussion on here previously that the 2015 Canadian model was the Midnight Custom.

They finally posted the 2015 American model on the website and it is also the Midnight Custom.

They ultimate V Star 650 would be the body of the V Star 650 Custom in black, with the front end of the V Star 650 Midnight Custom. This winter I want to put different handlebars on, get the $65 Harbor Freight powder coating kit, and try black powder coating some parts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 02:11 PM

I am very pleased with the 2009 650 Midnight Custom I bought last year. It had 700 miles on it and 1,000 in accessories (bar backs, luggage rack, sissy bar, windshield, floor boards and bags). It had never been wet or dirty (it was a leftover sold in 2011). I paid $3,600 for a new bike that is still like new with only 2,700 miles on it (it is my backup).
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by osbornk View Post
I am very pleased with the 2009 650 Midnight Custom I bought last year. It had 700 miles on it and 1,000 in accessories (bar backs, luggage rack, sissy bar, windshield, floor boards and bags). It had never been wet or dirty (it was a leftover sold in 2011). I paid $3,600 for a new bike that is still like new with only 2,700 miles on it (it is my backup).
Sounds like a great buy. I'd want to take strip it down and take the windshield and saddle bags off though. There are so many used bikes with almost no miles. The percentage of people who buy a new bike and never ride it must be very high.

I original wanted to go used, but I picked the wrong time of year to look at used bikes. I took the MSF class last March. After two months, I broke down and went new.

One bike I had been interested in was the Honda Fury. I didn't want to go brand new on that one in case I dropped it. Every used Fury had $1,400 in aftermarket seat and aftermarket pipes right of the bat. Many had much more. Virtually all had barely been rode at all.

I have a friend that recently bought a used Harley with 80 miles! I think he said it was six or eight years old. Someone bought it, stuck it in a garage, and never ever rode it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle76 View Post
Sounds like a great buy. I'd want to take strip it down and take the windshield and saddle bags off though. There are so many used bikes with almost no miles. The percentage of people who buy a new bike and never ride it must be very high.

I original wanted to go used, but I picked the wrong time of year to look at used bikes. I took the MSF class last March. After two months, I broke down and went new.

One bike I had been interested in was the Honda Fury. I didn't want to go brand new on that one in case I dropped it. Every used Fury had $1,400 in aftermarket seat and aftermarket pipes right of the bat. Many had much more. Virtually all had barely been rode at all.

I have a friend that recently bought a used Harley with 80 miles! I think he said it was six or eight years old. Someone bought it, stuck it in a garage, and never ever rode it.
Being impatient can be expensive. Most of the 16 bikes I have bought over the last 40+ years were bought near the end of riding season (usually October). The Midnight Custom was priced at $4,200 and my offer was accepted after I explained that they could very well have to keep over another winter. The bike was bought so the wife could ride with her husband (both had experience). At 500 miles, the husband was in a bad motorcycle accident where he had to be airlifted to the hospital. He promised to give up riding in exchange for walking again and the wife didn't want to ride alone. Nice folks and I was glad I could "help" them out of their problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode