HELP ? 2009 V-Star 950 Rear Rectangle Reflector/LIGHT Please - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

HELP ? 2009 V-Star 950 Rear Rectangle Reflector/LIGHT Please

I just picked up my bike after 3-4 weeks waiting. Was $2,200 damage and it wasn't really that bad, didn't even lay it over.

Added the HARD Yamaha OEM Saddle Bags I picked up off a forum, had them 6 months, never opened them. They were MINT! Looks awesome. I was going to do it, thought it was a few screws, BUT it was a major pain in the ass. They had to relocate rear passanger pegs and some other things because I had a quick release back rest. Glad they did it and just charged me an hour.

My SIMPLE Question (that I am not sure about):

The REAR Fender Red Rectangle Reflector was loose, but I saw it is just a Bolt that leads to a screw, which you tighten up on the inside of the rear fender. It has a LONG BOLT so I need a deep socket, but the bolt at the end to tighten it is super small, so need to figure that out.

The Rear Rectangle Reflector LOOKS like it has a wire to it (and it the parts diagram below, has 2 bulbs/lights).

However, Mine Doesn't come on when I illuminate and turn ON? I tried to turn on the Rear Turn Signals, AND hit the REAR brakes. I am NOT 100% sure it supposed to come on, but I am 98% sure?

When is that rectangle light/reflector supposed to ILLUMINATE???
It is the Rectangle Light (reflector) in diagram below...

Thanks! I guess I need to ride it up there tomorrow and hopefully they can do a quick 5-10 minute fix.

LA Choppers XXX Big Air Kit, Vance & Hines Big Radius Exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 POWRPRO, Cobra Freeway Bars, Ultimate Seat, D&M HID Headlight, Clevver Clutch Mod, Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signals & Brake Light, Triple Whammy Brake Flasher, Show Chrome Belt Guard, Oil Cap, Frame Covers, Chrome Engine Guard, Brake Reservoir, Chrome Fork Bullets, Chrome Analog Clock, Mustang Tank Bib, Kuryakyn ISO Grips with Chromed Spike Ends, Kuryakyn Chrome Floorboards, Shifter, Brake Cover, WOLO Bad Boy Air Horn

Last edited by 2009VStar950Bandit; 10-17-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 08:39 PM

The red reflector part won't light up but kinda underneath, you should have a white light for the license plate.

BLUE BIKE CLUB

2008 ROAD STAR

2008 KAWASAKI KLR 650

2014 Triumph Tiger 800 XC

My ride videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/roadstarblue/videos

Never run out of traction, ideas, and real estate at the same time.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Blue,

I just wanted to say Thank you! Simple! I guess I was looking back expecting it to light up . But now I see, as YOU said, I turned the key ON, went around back and looked underneath the rear reflector/license plate light (LOL) and it was shining down on my license plate. I was in a lighted garage when I was originally testing it out which is why I never saw it.

It was lose too, but I finally found the right tool to get in there and snug up the bolt and it is fine now. Thanks!

The Yamaha OEM "Hard Bags" that I added to my NON-Touring V-Star 950 give the bike a totally different look, much more substantial. The guy got his touring and took them off the day he brought it home, so I was lucky to find these in such great shape. He was a Cop from Louisiana, same place you live I see.

It was funny, the reason I knew he was a cop is because I called him on his cell and then I hear a radio go off with a police dispatch, and I said are you a police officer? I didn't say COP.....LOL

He was cool and shipped them and packed them up really well. I think I paid like $500, but NEW they are a rip off at $1,300+ if I remember correctly.

Now after the wreck, which was minor, I am much more careful and am back to just riding for fun out in the country, not more driving all over the busy Texas Roads.

People do not pay attention and it pisses me off. When you see a bike, you need to be MORE careful, but lots of people don't respect bikes on the road.

Thank GOD I didn't get hurt when she rear ended me. I was going slow and came to a stop, and she didn't see me and BAM! She said her "foot slipped off the brake". She was crying, but I am the one that should have been crying, I got hit!

Appreciate it!

The Bandit...............

LA Choppers XXX Big Air Kit, Vance & Hines Big Radius Exhaust, Cobra Fi2000 POWRPRO, Cobra Freeway Bars, Ultimate Seat, D&M HID Headlight, Clevver Clutch Mod, Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signals & Brake Light, Triple Whammy Brake Flasher, Show Chrome Belt Guard, Oil Cap, Frame Covers, Chrome Engine Guard, Brake Reservoir, Chrome Fork Bullets, Chrome Analog Clock, Mustang Tank Bib, Kuryakyn ISO Grips with Chromed Spike Ends, Kuryakyn Chrome Floorboards, Shifter, Brake Cover, WOLO Bad Boy Air Horn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode