For those with big air, what is your mpgs like? V Star 650 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

For those with big air, what is your mpgs like? V Star 650

I was wondering. For the V Star 650 owners who have have gotten a Baron/LA Choppers big air kit, modified the existing airbox, pods, hypercharger, ect. What is your miles per gallon like?

So far, I have added aftermarket pipes, a K&N filter, and re-jetted. My mpg is still high forties and that is with mostly city riding. I'm wondering how much fuel economy I'll loose if I go all the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 07:56 PM

I've seen a lot of people claim that increasing your airflow even further will actually improve your gas mileage, it's been true in my case too. 2003 650 Classic, jetted for the Hard Krome exhaust and Kuryakyn Hypercharger.

Get 48 mpg consistently when cruising the country roads around me at 60-70 mph. That's with a Memphis Fats windshield and ripping away from any stops.

It falls to the low 40s when I run that little buzzbomb on the highway at 80, but I like to avoid the interstate when I can.

Ben C - Cary, NC

2001 XV1600A Road Star

2003 XVS650A V Star Classic
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-21-2014, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pangea33 View Post
I've seen a lot of people claim that increasing your airflow even further will actually improve your gas mileage, it's been true in my case too. 2003 650 Classic, jetted for the Hard Krome exhaust and Kuryakyn Hypercharger.

Get 48 mpg consistently when cruising the country roads around me at 60-70 mph. That's with a Memphis Fats windshield and ripping away from any stops.

It falls to the low 40s when I run that little buzzbomb on the highway at 80, but I like to avoid the interstate when I can.
Thanks for the feedback. That is some good stats considering you have big air and a windshield.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode