Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

950- Side Cover Special Key/Tool?

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  blueroadstar 
#1 ·
Hi all,

So, call me a rookie, but I can't seem to find any info on this anywhere! :confused: It looks like my quick connect for my battery (say for a trickle charger or something) is sticking out of my right side cover where my seat lock is. Above the seat lock is a special kind of bolt I guess. It looks like it takes a special tool or key that I know nothing about!

That's a picture of it- it's the main cover on the right side, just under the rider seat. I know it's small, but the bolt head looks like a little peg in the middle, with a multiple star point pattern around it. Sort of looks like one of those coke machine keys or something. Do you know what this cover is? What kind of tool would open it? And what's behind the door? I looked through the owner's manual and nothing. Why would my bike have something secret that even I can't access?!?!? Maybe I never need to get in there...

Hope someone can enlighten me!!
Thanks in advance,
Ash

See less See more
#2 ·
#3 ·
Thanks blueroadstar, I think you might be exactly right! I would assume it is some sort of tamper evident but surprised a tool didn't come in the tool kit or even an description of it.

Thanks so much for the link, can't beat $2. My scientific nature makes me HAVE to buy one and see what's back there. And I wanna tuck that wire away.

Thanks so much!
Ashlie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.