Ordering Chubby Pod Kit - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 12:43 PM Thread Starter

Ordering Chubby Pod Kit

I'm going to be ordering the "Chubby" intake kit from SS cycle in the next couple weeks. Was wondering if the only difference between the solenoid kits is the "main jet holders"? If so, I'd rather save $40 and grind my own jet holders. Has anybody with 06+ solenoid bike done the same?

06 1100 custom midnight edition

Last edited by uTHINKSOO; 11-11-2014 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Clearer question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 03:22 PM

selodoid has nothing to do with the main jet holder.you got a bench grinder just grind them down and take a file to clean up the burr...the delete kit is a plug for where the selonoid was,and some electronic pieces i forget what there called in order to fool the computer in not giving a fault code.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

I was just trying to see if there was a difference other than the "custom main jet holders" that they sell. Like comparing kit A and C the $40 difference is just for "custom main jet holders". I guess I can just get kit A for my 06 and grind my own main jet holders.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 03:55 PM

its all in the kb.nothing custom about them
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 04:03 PM

That "custom" jet holding is just a stock part off a 2005-down 1100. I'd really not worry about it. Just take the O ring off the end and call it good.

If you do want to replace the solenoids.....lots do it just because they look ugly and are useless after you go to aftermarket pipes.....I sell a kit for $25 shipped to eliminate them.

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Mick View Post
That "custom" jet holding is just a stock part off a 2005-down 1100. I'd really not worry about it. Just take the O ring off the end and call it good.

If you do want to replace the solenoids.....lots do it just because they look ugly and are useless after you go to aftermarket pipes.....I sell a kit for $25 shipped to eliminate them.
Oh trust me Mick, I already had in mind contacting u soon for one of your kits!

Wait take the o-ring off the stock 06 jet holder and don't grind it? I thought KB says to grind them down AND take off the o-ring?

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uTHINKSOO View Post
Oh trust me Mick, I already had in mind contacting u soon for one of your kits!

Wait take the o-ring off the stock 06 jet holder and don't grind it? I thought KB says to grind them down AND take off the o-ring?
You can do it either way, but the last few we've done, all we did was take off the O ring and remove the solenoids... worked perfectly.

However, with that said...it take about 30 seconds to grind the holders....so if you want to do it....it's super easy

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff

Last edited by Sick Mick; 11-11-2014 at 06:11 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Mick View Post
You can do it either way, but the last few we've done, all we did was take off the O ring and remove the solenoids... worked perfectly.
Hmm interesting. I might give that a go! Goodness, I love the knowledge you fellas bring to the forums! I really appreciate it

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 04:22 PM

I bought an '06 v star 1100 this week. I'm researching a lot about these pod kits. I want to put on some cobra pipes and I'm looking at doing the whole system in one go. Pipes, pods, jets all that stuff. Still learning about what all needs to be done.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-07-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamaGoju87 View Post
I bought an '06 v star 1100 this week. I'm researching a lot about these pod kits. I want to put on some cobra pipes and I'm looking at doing the whole system in one go. Pipes, pods, jets all that stuff. Still learning about what all needs to be done.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
everything you need to know about that 1100 is here....

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode