Fuel mixture - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
KES

Fuel mixture

was looking online for info on by passing the O2 sensor when I came across this which I have just cut and
paste.

the O2 sensor is not need any more since you are replacing the pipes. that system is used to protect the catalytic converter from damage due to a over rich fuel condition.

i do not like any of the after market fuel management system as they have a higher failure rate than the factory ECM and they real do not do as much as they claim by the manufactures of the after market parts. On the Yamaha's the base injector time is adjustable. You can make the bike run richer or leaner through the LED meter read out.

press both the "RESET" and "SELECT" while you turn the key to the "ON" position. Keeping them pressed for about 8 sec. you will see "DIAG" appear. Press "SELECT" once and you should see "CO". with "CO" on the LCD screen press both "RESET" and "SELECT" for about 2 sec. and you should see "C1" Use the "SELECT" or "REST" buttons to select the cylinder you wish to adjust. Then press both "SELECT" and "RESET" for about 2 sec. and you will see the current setting. Use the "SELECT" or "REST" buttons to make the mixture richer higher the number or leaner the lower the number.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 09:17 AM
Banned

O2 sensors are for idle and cruise only. I would agree that you can disconnect it. I beleive the adjustment the guy is referring to is for idle only. Fuel managers are quite reliable and necessary if you modify both intake and exhaust.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
KES

Cheers Ken I have one on mine the one with no adjustment that does its own but feel its rich bottom end .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 01:47 PM
Banned

When you say "one", do you mean tuner? What bike do you have? I'm a Power Commander fan.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
KES

Yes Ken Fi2000 PowerPro.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 03:35 PM

Here is a video on the Yamaha Fuel Injection System for your review.

I'm always working very diligently to discover the obvious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode