Ape Hanger decision! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-05-2014, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Ape Hanger decision!

I've got a '12 950. Not a fan of the stock bars, I'm looking to swap em out with ape hangers. I can't decide between 12s and 14s. I hear a lot of people saying they wished they went 14 after they got 12s, but I also am not looking for anything too far past my shoulders. For reference I'm 5'8, but have a bit of a longer torso.

If anyone has experience with ape hangers on a 950, or has pictures, that'd be greatly appreciated!

And buying new cables is a given so I'm not worried about keeping my old ones, that's not a factor.

FTW
------
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-06-2014, 02:29 PM

i'm 5-6 1/2.i have 10s with a 4 inch riser.thats 12 total,i used the risers to follow the angle of the forks to bring the bar a little towards me and then go up with the tens,depending on the pullback,for you 14s at least,
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 06:43 AM

Ape Hanger decision!

I know this is an old thread, but Nick57, what cables did you have to replace and what sizes did you use? I'm thinking of doing the exact same.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

4 wheels move the body....2 wheels move the soul
2012 V Star 950 Tourer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-12-2015, 04:16 PM

are you asking for a 950 or a 1100.mine is the 1100. 6" over clutch,2" over throttle cause it hangs down did not get the push cable.4" over may work for the clutch but the 6 works fine and looks right,... the brake i changed top and bottom so i dont know the size.i moved the choke cable down next to the tank. i bought one for a 650 off pinwall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode