rear fender question - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

rear fender question

hey everyone,

im looking at different possibilies for my rear fender, I found a cheap classic fender off kijiji( cdn craigslist) , is there any difference in the seat mounts compared to a custom model ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 07:26 PM
Premium Member

Location: Apopka Florida, a twist in the road just northwest of Orlando Florida My home for over 30 years
Garage
There are some vendors on Ebay that sell fiberglass fenders for these bikes that you can customize as you see fit. They are not cheap.
Rear fenders like this can be more than $150. And you still have to paint and mount them, including drilling all your own holes, Electrical and so on...

I did my sons Honda Rebel 450 with this style and turned out great.
Was a lot of work but it looked like no other rebel 450 on the planet.

jake

2000 Vstar 650 Classic , Firethorn orange Metal flake Urethane, OEM tall Windshield, 47 Harley Tail light mod, progressive springs, hard bags painted to match w/chr. bullet accents Custom Modified rear rack/backrest, Cobra Modified exhaust w/ chrome Pencil tips, Hyper charger kit,
PRV 15, Riser mounted speakers, Chrome levers,Fringe grips, studded Leather bib with pocket, Billet Oil filter relocation kit , 3.5 PMS w/ stock pilots, mains- 122.5, Custom billet t signals
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

I'm looking at a used stock fender currently, I can get one fairly cheap and local just needs paint ( which I plan on doing my self ) I just wanna see how the seats line up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 08:20 PM

i've heard this question 50 times and one of the honchos says yes the hole for the seat will have to be moved slightly,or a seat off a classic will work
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Premium Member

Location: Apopka Florida, a twist in the road just northwest of Orlando Florida My home for over 30 years
Garage
Since the rear metal tab on the classic seat can be unbolted you could always make a new bracket to match what you need and just bolt it back on to fit the different fender.

Or is it Custom Seat on a classic fender ? Same thing goes.
Easy easy fix on a budget.

2000 Vstar 650 Classic , Firethorn orange Metal flake Urethane, OEM tall Windshield, 47 Harley Tail light mod, progressive springs, hard bags painted to match w/chr. bullet accents Custom Modified rear rack/backrest, Cobra Modified exhaust w/ chrome Pencil tips, Hyper charger kit,
PRV 15, Riser mounted speakers, Chrome levers,Fringe grips, studded Leather bib with pocket, Billet Oil filter relocation kit , 3.5 PMS w/ stock pilots, mains- 122.5, Custom billet t signals

Last edited by RestoRider00; 12-29-2014 at 09:12 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-29-2014, 09:13 PM

I will assume we are talking about an 1100? If so....

Yeah...like Nick says, the rear rider seat mount is completely different. So you'd need to get a Classic seat or do some other modifications. Just know that the curve of the fenders is different that can make the Custom seat look a little funny on a Classic fender.

Also, if you plan on using the pillion, the rear mounting hole is in a different location than the Custom.

The fender eyebrows are also different if you plan on using them.

I put a Classic rear on my Custom and ran it for years....

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff

Last edited by Sick Mick; 12-29-2014 at 10:30 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 05:09 AM

micks right on a couple points,i just assumed it was an 1100,and theres more than moving a bolt hole.my apologizes this question does get asked a lot maybe a reference could be put the wkb?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick57 View Post
micks right on a couple points,i just assumed it was an 1100,and theres more than moving a bolt hole.my apologizes this question does get asked a lot maybe a reference could be put the wkb?
Most of the info is in there already....... I probably need to update it a little bit when I get time...or create a separate "fender" section.

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1...ications/seats

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff

Last edited by Sick Mick; 12-30-2014 at 08:12 AM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 08:58 AM
Premium Member

Garage
I was talking 650 here. I've got to remember other versions live here.

I assumed it was a 650 classic or custom being reffered.

My Bad.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

sick mick is right, its an 1100, sorry I keep forgetting that as similar as the bikes are they have their differences,

thanks for the link , ill have a look at it

looking from a cost perspective, is it worth while to take this on while trying to stay on a low dollar budget? I still want to be able to take the gf on the back sometimes

Last edited by cowhorse24; 12-30-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode