ATTN: Injected V Star 950 and 1300 Owners - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 06:39 PM Thread Starter
Banned

ATTN: Injected V Star 950 and 1300 Owners

As you may have read here or on other forums, Ivan from Ivan's Performance Products in Congers NY, develops ECU flashes for injected bikes. Most recently he developed flashes for the 1900 (Raider, Stratoliner, Roadliner) and the Bolt. If you go to http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/index.htm you can check out his website. If you go to http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/raider.htm you can read about the Raider. The red one is my bike and I loaned him my bike for several months last winter so he could develop the flash. Read down and you'll see the impressive results.

He wants to develop flashes for the 950 and 1300 and is looking for donor bikes. See http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/vstar950.htm and http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/vstar13.htm.

This is a great way to help your fellow owners while at the same time getting a free flash and dyno tune from one of the best in the business. There isn't a V Twin around me that can touch my bike and it runs smoother, cooler and more efficiently. If you go to Roadstar Raider or the Yamaha Motorcycle Forum, you'll see posts with unanimous positive feedback. I first dealt with Ivan with my FZ1. I actually took him my bike to have him work on it. He's a 5 hour drive if that tells you anything. When he was looking for a donor Raider, I jumped at the opportunity.

So if you are somewhat local to Ivan and can do without your bike for a couple of months during the crappy weather, I recommend you give him a call. You an PM me for any details as well if you want.

Last edited by t84a; 01-19-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

it seems that anyone who sent in their ECU to get flashed would get it dialed in with the air/exhaust setup that he programmed it for. so unless he were to imitate the same mods that someone like myself have, how would i know i'd be getting the 'correct' mapping?

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 07:40 PM

I would gladly donate my 1300 if Congers weren't several states away. I'll be following this one closely.

2013 V Star 1300 Deluxe
OEM Tall Sissy Bar
Memphis Shades Fork Deflectors
Bridgestone Exedra Max Belted Tires
Baron's RSTD 7308 bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
it seems that anyone who sent in their ECU to get flashed would get it dialed in with the air/exhaust setup that he programmed it for. so unless he were to imitate the same mods that someone like myself have, how would i know i'd be getting the 'correct' mapping?
Fueling is handled through a fuel manager such as a Power Commander V. Ivan furnishes a map for the intake/exhaust setup you have on your bike. Like I said, take a look at some of the threads on some other forums.

It works.

Last edited by bevo1981; 11-09-2015 at 06:44 PM.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 08:57 PM

Yep, interested when he gets this worked out. I read the Raider forum occasionally and those guys swear by his flash.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-16-2015, 10:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by t84a View Post
Fueling is handled through a fuel manager such as a Power Commander V. Ivan furnishes a map for the intake/exhaust setup you have on your bike.
i'm glad you mentioned the PCV. that particular FMS has a different mapping depending on which air intake and exhaust you have. so the mapping for a stock setup would be incorrect if you changed out your exhaust. you would have to download a map for your particular exhaust.

he states on his website that he buys bikes so he can flash the ECU and dyno test them and such. the charts he has for the Bolt are for stock setup, setup with slip-on exhaust, and a setup with one type of full twin exhaust. he got different dyno results for the full exhaust versus the slip-on. not to mention whatever differences to the air intake he tested. so unless he flashes the ECU for my exact bike setup, when i get it back, it's not going to have been mapped and set for my specific setup, so it's not going to be as accurate as the results he claims. right?

on a steel horse I ride

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Banned

No. It will work fine. Their are not great variances across similar setups. He comes up with several maps but not many. Read the reviews.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 08:56 AM

Yeah, that was my takeaway as well. The flash is designed for certain setups but perhaps not every conceivable combination. I would still be interested if the bang is worth the buck.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Banned

I haven't read of a setup it doesn't work with, including straight stock. I think perhaps you misunderstood my post.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-18-2015, 04:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by t84a View Post
No. It will work fine. Their are not great variances across similar setups.
any variance at all means leaving torque and horsepower on the table. no offense, but i wouldn't spend a lot of money on something that was just "fine", or just 'better' than my current setup. if something is getting as finely tuned as these things are, it seems like it would defeat the purpose to get something finely tuned for a different setup than mine, then when i get it, i'm not getting the absolute best hp and torque as he claims. maybe these are questions he could address and that any variance would be minute. but according to his charts for the bolt, it seems enough that it would not make me a customer.

for instance, just look at the increases in performance between just the difference with his tuning on a stock air filter versus one with aftermarket:

on a steel horse I ride

Last edited by bevo1981; 01-18-2015 at 04:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode