Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Vstar 1100 mods

9K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Sick Mick 
#1 ·
Going to be doing some serious work on my 08 vstar in a few weeks.
The two major things I am doing is stretching the front end out, and putting a potato chip seat on with a tank stretch.
That's said there are several fork kits on the market that change the angle of the trees and the fork angle to achieve a long low look without cutting the gooseneck.anyone that has tried any of these I would like to know how you like it, the reviews on all I have read are great and all same they maintain the stock trail angles pretty well. I want to lengthen the front end by 6-8" and keep the look of the bike low and long, not trying to make it look like a chopper, more pro street look. Also does anyone know anyone doing stretch jobs on tanks,or anyone selling a pro street style tank as a bolt on for the vstar 1100. Again I am looking for a long stretched tanks style, with or without the speedo on it.not necessary if it is narrower.
Any help is greatly appreciated

#2 ·
I have the PCS Trees and they are great. 1 hour job and you're riding. I'm not a big fan of the service they offer, but the trees have worked out great.

I don't think you'll find an aftermarket tank anywhere for the 1100, but the extensions are an easy weld on project...you may even find one already done if you do some looking around. The double backbone on the frame pretty much sets the tank width, unless you want to ride with only a couple gallons of gas....but most people tire quickly having to fill up every 70-80 miles.

#5 ·
You only change the trees...so no need to change anything else except if you want to the dual brake set up on the front, you'll have to relocate the splitter somewhere else or just do what I did and remove one side completely (I can still lock up the front tire if I need to).

How far out? Never measured...but here's an old before and after pic.

I just used the stock tubes. If you want to go longer, order the full tubes, extensions have a tendency to break especially when subjected to the increased angle. I've seen it happen, it's not a good scenario.

#6 ·
Hey Sick Mick, I like the style of your pipes. Did you design them or or they store bought? They look really wild. Would be good for the old lady´s feet so they don´t get wo hot. Give me the dope on them if you do´t mind.

#7 ·
they are PCS Thugstars. I would not recommend them to anyone. Super thin metal, single wall pipes that rust super easy and will burn you through your jeans is seconds. They sound great, but you'll lose all your back pressure which means total loss of low end torque that you'll feel immediately when you put them on.

I ran them for a season and half then tossed 'em in the garbage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.