Memphis Shades 950 fairing - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Memphis Shades 950 fairing

Hi everyone,
In October of 2014 we'd decided to go with a batwing fairing for our 09' 950t. After working overtime thru the holidays, I began my search.
I found one specific for the 950's with detachable brackets, and I wasn't interested in a stereo setup. Bikerhaven in Batesville Arkansas had what I wanted. I paid $423.00 for the fairing with brackets, an additional $25 for attachable lower deflectors, and $80 for the smoked 9" knurled windshield, all with free shipping. I'd budgeted $725 for my purchase, so I was pleased to come under that.
After I installed it last weekend, went for a 150 mile ride with 8 other new bikers in rather windy conditions. 3 of the new guy's walked over to my 950t and asked what make it was, and that the fairing looked great. All three guys were Harley owners with great looking bikes themselves. My neighbor asked if my bike was a mini Goldwing, and a neighbor kid said my bike looked "hot".
Driving impressions: My bike had the factory tall windshield, worked well and a quality piece btw. Handling was improved as the air flowed around me as opposed hitting to me directly as with the windshield. My hands didn't get quite as cold, and the fairing stayed in place with the quick release brackets. The accompanying pic's show some before and after looks.
I'm happy with the results and and the feel of the bike. Once spring gets here, sleet and snow coming in tonight, I'll get the chance for even more riding time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1424010537721.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	40642   Click image for larger version

Name:	1424011712920.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	40650   Click image for larger version

Name:	1424011742214.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	40658   Click image for larger version

Name:	1424011800786.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	40666  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-15-2015, 04:14 PM

Garage
Looks real sweet Ken.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 07:55 AM
Lifetime Premium

Awesome man, looking forward to you posting longer term results.

I wouldn't want it on everyday, but for my trip I'm thinking about that fairing and lowers, and it being removable is nice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 09:22 AM

Garage
Nice Bike

The batwing fairing is on the top of my list concerning comfort upgrades. The ride is much better in the wind, most of all there is no more helmet buffering like I had with a full size windshield.

2012 V Star 950 Tourer

Mods:
Memphis Shades Batwing
Yamaha Passenger Floorboards
Kuryakyn Power Point
Kuryakyn Quick Connect Cell Phone Holder
Oxford Premium Cruiser Heated Grips
Scootworks Phatriser I Risers
Cobra Powerflo Air Intake
Cobra Fi2000R
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-06-2015, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Garage
So far, even with the inclement weather we've had in my area, I've been able to get in enough riding to notice a difference in handling since the batwing install. Like MSP said, it's great to be able to remove it with the bracket setup, and it takes about a minute and a half to do so. I live in a pretty flat region so wind can be an issue at times. The first day I rode after the install, winds were gusting at 25-30 mph and I could tell it handled better than with the factory tall windshield. These were my results, someone else might have a different experience. I'll keep posting longer term results to keep you guy's informed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode