hey guys new to aftermarket parts help please - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

hey guys new to aftermarket parts help please

Hey everyone i just bought a 07 vstar 1100 custom on october and wanted to get some riding in before winter... Its my first street bike and im new to all of this so here it goes i want to add a ss custom cycle chubby air kit to the bike and was doing my homework about needing aftermarket pipes and wanted to make sure my cobras were full pipes and not slipons and i found out they were the speedster longs.... Now with looking into that i read about your exhaust popping on deceleration and revving it and something about an AIS being removed properly to eliminate the popping... So im curious what is the AIS? how do i check if it has been removed properly and is there a possibility the previous person rejetted with the exhaust and if so how would i check that?

Thanks in advance for the help guys im jist worried about screwing my bike up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 06:53 AM

Garage
John the AIS system is an anti pollution system that pumps air in the exhaust to allow for a better burn of the exhaust gasses. If your AIS is removed completely there should be no chrome piping from both the front and rear cylinders. Another way of checking is to remove the left rear chrome cover and check for a plugged rubber hose. If this has you confused, have a look at the KB there's a really good write up on how to remove the AIS. You can find the link to the KB in my signature block.

2009 Stratoliner S

A few things added and more stuff to follow

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 06:57 AM

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1...r-must-do-list i have the same bike you might check out my album pics i have the cobra longs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

tHanks for the awesome help guys the info helped me figure out the ais is still installed on the bike im ordering the chubby air from sscustom cycle as well as the ais removal kit as much as i love my .45 id rather have the chrome plugs for it stage 1 almost complete then on to stage 2 lol
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 11:37 AM

Garage
Cool

Welcome to the forum from here in Northwest Illinois. Great to have you join us and look forward to reading your posts and seeing pics of your bike. We have many very knowledgeable and helpful people here to answer your questions and guide you along the way to making your bike your own. Post often and ride safe.

Working on my 'bucket list' and enjoying every minute of it!!

Old V Star Man
2007 V Star 1100 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode