JTD Lowers - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 07:34 AM Thread Starter

JTD Lowers

I am looking for comments from anyone who has the JTD Lowers. I have a VStar 1300 Tour with factory crash bars and VStar Deluxe fairing. I am thinking about adding lowers and am interested what your experience with them is. I went on the web and these things attached with zip ties. How secure is that? Do they move around? Noisy? Also I see that they have a Style 1 and Style 2. The Style 2 appears to be the updated version. Comments on the various styles would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 11:57 AM

JTD Lowers

I have the JTD lowers and I have Yamaha's engine guards which are 1 1/2"... I love them great product as for the zip ties you don't have to worry about the lowers getting loose at all very secure. I believe I went with series 2 but call up John at Jtd cycle parts he will definitely help you out. Good guy.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 07:03 AM

I have the series 1 and cobra bars. Had to trim the bottom ends to fit the way I wanted. They are very secure. I also installed the add-on lock boxes.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by mtmous; 03-01-2015 at 07:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmous View Post
I have the series 1 and cobra bars. Had to trim the bottom ends to fit the way I wanted. They are very secure. I also installed the add-on lock boxes.

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks good. I have the series 2 lowers. I had to trim the bottoms as well no big deal..very easy. And I agree they're secured to my Yamaha engine guards.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the comments. I will be calling John and ordering the lowers, now I just have to make up my mind if it is Style 1 or Style 2. The Style 2 appear to be taller and not sure if they easily clear the tank. John sent some pictures of Style 2 mounted on a 1300, but cannot see how close they mount to the tank.
I like the Rifle fairing, it looks good.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 08:22 AM

Check with JTD about Ser1 vs Ser2 fit. I think the brand of highway bars might make difference.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 08:40 AM

JTD Lowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoguzziman View Post
Thanks for the comments. I will be calling John and ordering the lowers, now I just have to make up my mind if it is Style 1 or Style 2. The Style 2 appear to be taller and not sure if they easily clear the tank. John sent some pictures of Style 2 mounted on a 1300, but cannot see how close they mount to the tank.

I like the Rifle fairing, it looks good.

John will definitely help you out with your decision and no matter which one you go with you'll not be disappointed. On my 1300 the top of the lowers does not touch the tank at all...no worries. As I said before I love mine; how it changed the look of my bike and also my riding.
Good luck

Last edited by vstarjoe; 03-02-2015 at 08:46 AM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 06:00 AM Thread Starter

Had a nice conversation with John and ended up ordering the Style 2 lowers with storage boxes. Looking forward to receiving them and getting them painted and mounted. Have a 4 week ride coming up this summer and I am sure they will be appreciated on the ride.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoguzziman View Post
Had a nice conversation with John and ended up ordering the Style 2 lowers with storage boxes. Looking forward to receiving them and getting them painted and mounted. Have a 4 week ride coming up this summer and I am sure they will be appreciated on the ride.

Cool...great to hear. Enjoy the lowers
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-29-2015, 10:40 PM

I am looking at the JTD lowers for my v star 1300 as well, are they vented at all? How about some pics On the xvs 1300? How hard would it be to remove them?

87' 1100 Sportster (caffeine runner)
05' 1100 Custom Midnight Edition
07' 1300 V Star Tourer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode