1100 speedoeter and oil relocation - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

1100 speedoeter and oil relocation

Here is some info that you may find useful. I have a 2009 XVS 1100 Custom. I was having trouble with the speedo reading wrong, which i understand is a common problem. I researched and found a product on Amazon from "Powersports Parts LLC." The device is called "Speedo Tuner Speedometer Corrector. YA-001. The cost was $79.10
The install was super simple, remove the left side cover (4 bolts) the speed sensor is right there in front of you, disconnect the speed sensor and plug in the tuner, cant make a mistake the sockets will only fit the speed sensor.
I calibrated it per the instructions and used my GPS to verify speed. My speedo immediately fell to zero and jumped up to the correct speed. 200 miles later and the speedo in dead on correct. Before this my true speed was 60 but the speedo read 68 and got worse as it increased.
Next problem...I installed a Jardine oil filter relocation kit (we all know what a pain it is to change the oil with after market pipes.) Anyway, 18 months and 3000 miles later I noticed an oil leak at the adapter, I narrowed it down to the lower hose leaking at the crimped hose fitting (apparently this is a known problem.) After checking on line to no avail, I was able to contact customer service at Jardine (216-265-8400.)
I spoke to "Bruce" and found I was out of warranty but that there is replacement lines available, but you cant find them on any website, you have to call Jardine to order them. The hoses are $22.50 and include the fitting. I ordered two and got two day shipping ($15.00) Easy to replace and so far no leaks.
For more info I have a Jardine kit #64-2103-50, the line part numbers are #07-45-36294
I hope this info helps anyone with the same problems. Ride safe...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 08:31 PM

Garage
Red face

Thanks for the info, we can all use it. If we don't have the problem a friend might.

Working on my 'bucket list' and enjoying every minute of it!!

Old V Star Man
2007 V Star 1100 Classic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode