Air Intake Modification - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Air Intake Modification

Hi, Have read a lot about air intake modifications but not looking to spend a ton of money. Read a few things about drilling holes in the breather assembly. Saw something about a Brazilian thing. Is it really that simple? Any input would be great. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 04:49 PM
Premium Member

Location: Apopka Florida, a twist in the road just northwest of Orlando Florida My home for over 30 years
Garage
Patch , What bike do you got ?

2000 Vstar 650 Classic , Firethorn orange Metal flake Urethane, OEM tall Windshield, 47 Harley Tail light mod, progressive springs, hard bags painted to match w/chr. bullet accents Custom Modified rear rack/backrest, Cobra Modified exhaust w/ chrome Pencil tips, Hyper charger kit,
PRV 15, Riser mounted speakers, Chrome levers,Fringe grips, studded Leather bib with pocket, Billet Oil filter relocation kit , 3.5 PMS w/ stock pilots, mains- 122.5, Custom billet t signals
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Sorry restorider 2008 v star 1100 custom cobra pipes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 06:11 PM

Garage
I've heard of such things, I once considered doing something like that too. From what I have heard, the biggest restriction is after the filter.
The "ram air" idea could work I suppose. My issue is the fact that I ride in the rain sometimes. I don't want to be pushing water at my air filter (they don't flow well when wet) Don't ask how I know LOL

03 V-Star 1100 Custom
83 KZ 1100 Spectre
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 06:29 PM
Premium Member

Location: Apopka Florida, a twist in the road just northwest of Orlando Florida My home for over 30 years
Garage
There are some tried and true methods on the 1100 for getting extra pony's and some torque gains. Pod air filters and special jetting along with exhaust system will gain good results.

Since you have pipes already you are one step closer to getting where you should be.

There are people on this forum that can help you with this.

Stay tuned !

jake

2000 Vstar 650 Classic , Firethorn orange Metal flake Urethane, OEM tall Windshield, 47 Harley Tail light mod, progressive springs, hard bags painted to match w/chr. bullet accents Custom Modified rear rack/backrest, Cobra Modified exhaust w/ chrome Pencil tips, Hyper charger kit,
PRV 15, Riser mounted speakers, Chrome levers,Fringe grips, studded Leather bib with pocket, Billet Oil filter relocation kit , 3.5 PMS w/ stock pilots, mains- 122.5, Custom billet t signals
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2015, 10:35 PM

Careful where you drill holes. The 1100 sucks from the inside out. Besides that, it really does absolutely nothing for performance. The one we dyno'd years ago showed zero gain.

As mentioned above, a pod set up is the best bang for the buck on an 1100. Kits run about $150 and include jets and everything necessary for a real increase of about 10% to 15%.

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff

Last edited by Sick Mick; 04-12-2015 at 11:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode