Carb/Air Box fitment - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Carb/Air Box fitment

Hey guys,

Trying to get all of this back together and so far it's a bit of a struggle. Put the new rubber carb joints in since my others were cracked, fit the carburetor in but it isn't sitting level. Bit tilted to the right. The carb joints are correct as I matched them up with the old ones. Now as I try to fit the air box in the carb is popping out of those joints. Is the air box supposed to sit a little above the frame or is something wrong?

Here are some pictures for reference.

1999 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Update.

Compared the old carb joints to the new ones, new ones are taller. Brought to my local shop where I bought them to make sure we ordered the correct ones and they are. The sales guy agreed with me that they are too tall so we re ordered them. Should be in by Friday. He also checked to make sure they didn't change size from factory. These guys also order straight from Japan. Grrrr.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode