Foot Controls Relocation for short riders - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Location: My home is in Allen, Texas but living and working most of the year in Capital Region of NY
Foot Controls Relocation for short riders

Hey everyone, new poster here. just got a '12 950 Tour for my wife. She is having some difficulty with the stretch to the brake & shifter, due to being in the shorter leg catagory. We went to our local dealer and they said she could not change to pegs on that model, but a relocation kit should work.

I have scoured the web for relocation kits, but they all seem to be for extensions of reach and not reduction of reach. Any body heard of any relocation reduction kits? She was thinking of getting a new seat that was narrower and shorter to place her more forward in the saddle. She likes the comfort of the seat as is, so would rather try to move the controls closer to her. Any info will be a great help!

Thanks!

Last edited by Blockhead; 05-06-2015 at 09:50 AM. Reason: mispelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 06:07 PM

I am also too short to ride a 950 (the air filter covers were in the way and I couldn't even reach the shifter pedal - the guy trying to sell the 950 to me was talking about how I should cut the struts shorter and re-weld so it was within reach... I decided that was much to expensive for a potentially bad fix and bought an 1100 that fits me perfectly instead

One possibility is to take the current seat and shave the sides a little so the same comfortable seat is thinner (remove the leather, shape the seat with a sharp knife and recover - probably lots of do it yourself videos on Youtube or there is almost certainly a professional upholsterer nearby who can do the job).

Best of luck finding a fix!

'06 VStar 1100 Classic - black with ghost flames!
Cobra sissy bar and luggage rack
National Cycle windshield
National Cycle quick release hardbags
Lindby engine guard
Driving lights mounted to engine guard

More to come when I save enough cash!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 08:28 AM

There is an excellent pictorial of how to shave a seat down on twowheelfemales.com if you want to try that. It's in the short rider category. Also look at an airhawk add on to the seat which would push her closer.

Annie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 08:37 PM

I just put a Mustang seat on my 950T.
It moved me about 2 inches forward - which is good for me because I'm short.
But it also raised me about an inch and half, which is not a problem... for me.
I've had a couple bikes that were a bit 'tall' for me over the years. Boots with thick soles helped.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Location: My home is in Allen, Texas but living and working most of the year in Capital Region of NY
Thanks, y'all. We will be looking at Mustang for sure, and any other possible solutions that might be doable. If we find a new fix I will definitely post it for sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode