Seat Change on 2009 vstar 950 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Seat Change on 2009 vstar 950

Looking to change out the stock seat on my 950. Any ideas on who to go with. The stock seat gets bad after about an hour. Wife says the passenger seat is rough too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 08:05 AM

Ahhh...the annual Seat debate. Mustang and Corbin are both popular among others. But seats are dang pricey so my best rec is to find a friend with one they like and take it for a ride. I scored a Corbin Dual Tour seat for the roadie which pushes me a smidge closer (something the tall peeps don't like and us shorties love). Its super comfortable and it was made for the Star line so it has the star logo on it and I love both the looks and the feel of the seat. Best of all I got a deal on craigs list and if I didn't like it I could have sold it for what I paid for it no problem. Because aftermarket seats are so pricey, a lot of people resell them separately so once you decide what you want, you may find something on Ebay or Craigslist.

Annie
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 10:29 AM
jp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
Looking to change out the stock seat on my 950. Any ideas on who to go with. The stock seat gets bad after about an hour. Wife says the passenger seat is rough too.
My 2 cents...Ultimate Seats.

Had them on my 950, liked them so much that just dropped more cash on another set for our new 1300. After having them on the 950 for a couple years and going back to the stock on the 1300 is a night and day difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 12:19 PM

Not cheap, but I went with the Mustang wide touring seat/passenger seat with the rider backrest. It is world's apart from the stock seat and once you use a backrest, you'll never go back. Just my 2.

Jeff
BLUE BIKE CLUB
2012 V-Star 950T-Impact Blue

Kuryakyn ISO grips
Back-Off taillight modulator
OEM passing lights
OEM luggage rack
OEM engine guards, saddlebag guards and trim rails
Marlin Talon gauges
Show Chrome Headlight & Passing Light visors
Mustang 2 piece wide touring seat with backrest/studs
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 04:16 PM

Garage
Big B, I have the Mustang seat on my 09' 950t. Very comfortable for me.
Now last week while riding Annies roadie, I found her Corbin dual tour seat to be very comfortable as well and it looked good too.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

i endorse the mustang seat. when i started using it, i made more friends and received a raise and a promotion. it cured my bananaphobia and gave me sound financial advice. my crops became fuller and my testosterone higher. i began wrestling bears and fought sharks in the octagon and Dos Equis named me the 2nd most interesting man in Muskogee provided something horrible happen there and i move there once everyone else moves out. and it's pretty comfortable.

*i am not a paid actor

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 07:52 AM

Bevo, could you be more specific on how much your testosterone has risen? And is that with or without a sheepskin cover?

Annie
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-08-2015, 08:28 PM

I JUST put a Mustang on my 09 950T and I took yesterday afternoon off to try it out.
Both the front and back seat are taller and wider than the stock seats.
The seat is about an inch and a half taller - I could tell as soon as I stood the bike up off the side stand and the first few stops.
The seat also moved me about 2 inches forward. This is GOOD for me, because I'm 5' 6. Now I can read the LCD of the speedo better! I use to just put the balls of my feet on the floor boards w/ my heels hanging off the back. And I had to fully extend my leg to downshift.
But, the BEST thing about the seat - when I ride over bumps that I use to feel thru the seat, I now feel the seat compressing and suspending me.
I rode for 5 hours, just stopping for gas and a coke. It's definitely better for a short guy like me.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-09-2015, 04:14 PM

Another vote here for the Mustang Seat.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 08:16 AM

I had Mustang on my 950. It was mile above the stock seat for comfort. If you decide to go that way, I took my set off before trading it in on my Strat. It's the Wide Touring with no rider backrest/no studs. They were only on the bike for 2 months I'd be willing to take a reasonable offer for them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode