2012 V-Star 950 Lady Rider Fit Issues - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Location: My home is in Allen, Texas but living and working most of the year in Capital Region of NY
2012 V-Star 950 Lady Rider Fit Issues

Hello,
I am a 5'3" to 5'4" with inseam of 30 inches. I love my bike but need to move forward and inch and down and inch. Also would like to relocate boards and shifter back an inch or so. What seat would anyone recommend and do they sell relocation kits( back shifter) either brand or after market for my bike. Any other ideas would be appreciated. Ankles are killing me after an hour of riding.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 08:35 PM

lowandmean.com has a custom low seat and I heard the Mustang daytripper is a bit narrower and lower.
Forget about any control relocation unless you can have someone make a one off for you.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 10:06 PM
Super Moderator

i have a mustang seat which will move you forward a tad. also, look into getting a lowering kit. you can lower your bike by 2.25". i've got this as well.

http://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/...wering_kit.htm

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 10:15 PM

I have this lowering kit (yet to be installed)
Infinite adjustment and don't have to mess with the link bolts.
Fine tune turnbuckle any amount of lowering or a fraction there of. Don't have to settle for a preset amount that might be too much or not enough.
http://soupysperformance.com/yamaha-...ing-links.html
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2015, 02:07 PM

Also consider shaving your current seat down yourself. There is a good thread with pictures on this on twowheelfemales forums in the short rider section. Also if you aren't already wearing them - look for boots with lots of tread. Something like river road field boots and several of Harley's ladies boots can give you two inches.

Annie
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 12:30 PM

this kit will move floorboards and controls rearward 2"

http://www.thundermfg.com/store/inde...t_detail&p=467

William
2004 Vstar 1100 Silverado Classic
Ride Safe
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 03:44 PM

The wide Mustang seat will move you forward, maybe an inch. It seemed to be a bit thicker, but didn't feel like it affected my footing at red lights. I just got into the habit of sliding up to the tank at stops. It's the only time seat height was ever an issue. For me the 950 was still light enough to push back on my toes. I also added inserts to my riding boots which gave me a bit more "leg length". There are also shoe repair shops that seem to be opening up at a lot of malls that resole shoes, some of them may offer a thicker sole. I'm going that route also.

I too am a 30" inseam, but never had issues with the forward controls. I used Baron risers to bring my bars back a bit and when I add the Mustang, my ride was perfect. It is more like a saddle and you sit in it, not on it.

When I got my Strat, I had to have my seat customized and it moved me forward 2" and lowered the seat by 1.25" Doing this only cost me about $250 more than Ultimate seats would have been and I got the color that I wanted for that price.

Lowering the bike has it's own set of problems and although a lot of riders have done this mod, it may or may not be for you.

There's not going to be a perfect solution. I read on one of the discussion groups that Yamaha design their cruisers around someone that is 5' 9", but you should still be able to dial it in without too much expense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode