So, I see a lot of individual threads for modifications people have done, but not one with combined list, impressions, etc.
So, why am I looking for that? Well, the wife and I have had our 2014 VStar 950 for a little over a week now. The deal was way too good to pass on and it does fit our needs right now. Someday I hope to add something like a Triumph Thunderbird Storm or Suzuki M109R. Anyway, I like the look and feel of that drag bar type setup much more so than the stock bars on the 950. So that is one thing I would like to look at adding.
So here is kind of my short list of items I would like to do on the bike, at some point:
- Mustang Wide Touring two-piece Vintage seat (have verified it will fit with our Cobra sissy bar/back rest we already have
- Triple Whammy tail/turn signal setup
- Kuryakyn black ISO Grips
- Black LA Choppers xXx Big Air Kit
- (hopefully if I can get verification of fit): Hard Krome Sideburner or Velocity Pro exhaust
- Cobra FI2000 tuner
- New riser/drag bar setup
- Replace footboards with pegs...
- Flyscreen/sport windshield setup
- Lower kit for the rear
That's the short wish list for now. Just can't leave anything stock!
So, any of you running any of the above? If so, let's see your pictures and your impressions of the modifications you have done. Would you do it again? What stuff have you found that you want to do?
And close ups or pictures that show the mods well are appreciated!