Floorboards to Pegs on 950 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Floorboards to Pegs on 950

Ok, I have read the floorboards vs. pegs threads and have now put 300 miles on our new 950 and just can't get used to the floorboards - either around town or out on the highway. And man, do they scrape around any kind of turns or round-a-bouts!

Anyway, I am just wondering if anyone has done a floorboard-to-pegs conversion on their bike and if so, how much was involved in doing that and do you have a parts list write up of what it takes and if it is doable?

Guessing it won't be an easy, straight forward swap. At least I have seen some floorboards with highway pegs attached directly to them which may be the route I will end up going if a full switch to pegs is cost prohibitive...

All input on the swap is welcome (not looking to start another pegs vs. floorboards discussion - other threads for that)...

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric91Z View Post
Ok, I have read the floorboards vs. pegs threads and have now put 300 miles on our new 950 and just can't get used to the floorboards - either around town or out on the highway. And man, do they scrape around any kind of turns or round-a-bouts!

Anyway, I am just wondering if anyone has done a floorboard-to-pegs conversion on their bike and if so, how much was involved in doing that and do you have a parts list write up of what it takes and if it is doable?

Guessing it won't be an easy, straight forward swap. At least I have seen some floorboards with highway pegs attached directly to them which may be the route I will end up going if a full switch to pegs is cost prohibitive...

All input on the swap is welcome (not looking to start another pegs vs. floorboards discussion - other threads for that)...

Thanks,

I am interested in this information as well. I dont like my heels up and my feet flat. If we could get some input from people who have done this and not a bunch of posts about how much you love your floorboards and why would we want to change that would be awesome

so many roads.... so little time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode