Passenger Floorboard pictures - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Passenger Floorboard pictures

Hey, looking to add some passenger floorboards on our 950 to try and get the wife a little option for placing her feet and, hopefully, get a little more room for her to move her feet forward some.

Can those of you with passenger floorboards throw a picture up and note which floorboards you are running (STAR, Kuryakyn, etc). I like the look of the STAR ones and they look to move them forward a bit from the stock pegs, but they are about twice the price of the Kuryakyn...

Also, any input on how your passenger likes them would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 01:57 PM

I found a set of second hand Star passenger floorboards at the local independent shop. They went in the same attachment point as the pegs.

My wife likes them better than the pegs - her only criticism is they are a little too flat meaning her toes point a bit. With the floorboards she has different ways to hold her feet to relieve any discomfort from that.

Best $100 I've spent in a while.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	46946  

2013 Yamaha V Star 1300 Deluxe
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 01:59 PM

BTW my wife is 5'8" tall and the floorboards allowed her to lower her knees a bit....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Is that the stock/OEM Star/Yamaha mounting bracket for the floorboards? I have seen that on an 1100 and 1300 now, but the ones on the Yamaha Accessories website looks a little different.

Also, the stock pegs on the 950 actually go back about 1/2"-1" from the screw location where as it looks like the floorboards would actually come forward from them screw/mount location which would be ideal for what we are looking for...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 05:14 PM

Garage
My Kurakan's came in the mail last week, but I did not realize at the time of ordering them that I needed a special adapter, which I ordered last week.....

Once those come in I will mount it up and post pics. My wife is 6' tall and has a 26" inseam, so she is all leg and needs to be able to stretch out better than she can now before we do a week-long trip on the bike in September.

I referenced this thread for info on buying them:

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...777#post587777

2007 VStar 1300 Touring (road trip/weekend bike)
2003 FZ-1 (daily commuter)
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric91Z View Post
Is that the stock/OEM Star/Yamaha mounting bracket for the floorboards? I have seen that on an 1100 and 1300 now, but the ones on the Yamaha Accessories website looks a little different.

Also, the stock pegs on the 950 actually go back about 1/2"-1" from the screw location where as it looks like the floorboards would actually come forward from them screw/mount location which would be ideal for what we are looking for...
As far as I know they are stock/OEM Star floorboards and mounts. The mounts do move the floorboards forward and down from the peg location. According to the box they came in, they were manufactutred in 2008. In the photo below the listing of motorcycles they fit was taped to the box by the girl at the shop. The sticker in the lower left is a manufacturer sticker.

Admittedly I was lucky to find them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	46954  

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
My wife is 6' tall and has a 26" inseam, so she is all leg and needs to be able to stretch out better t
Something makes me think 26" is a typo.....

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
Something makes me think 26" is a typo.....
Yeah 6' tall all leg, I am guessing 36" inseam.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 05:40 PM

Garage
Yes, my bad. 36" Inseam.

Got the mounting kit and put the boards on. We can't take it for a test ride for a few weeks, but just sitting on it she had a few more options for how to rest her feet, so I think it is a success.

Just re-using the spacer for the stock pegs did not work(see above) the mount was very loose, and trying to use two of the D spacers with the kit was too tight, so I used one of each, it was juuuuust right.

You can see here I used the upper back mounting point to push the board as far down and forward as possible, but with 4 other mounting points there is some variety for placement:

2007 VStar 1300 Touring (road trip/weekend bike)
2003 FZ-1 (daily commuter)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 07:12 PM

The install looks good. It will be money well spent. I like the crinkle finish on bottom of the floorboards.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode