Harley dyna exhaust fit 650 custom?? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 08:00 PM Thread Starter

Harley dyna exhaust fit 650 custom??

Title says it. Does anyone know if they would be plug and play? Don't want to change jets etc. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 01:41 AM

no.

it wont be plug and play.

2013 H-D FXS Blackline
2006 V-Star 1100 Classic
1980 XS650 Bob (in progress)
1981 XS650

USMC - 0331 - OEF
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 05:19 AM

different diameters 1 1/2 verses 1 3/4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. Lady claims they were taken off for her by previous owner. So diameter is off and what else? Jetting or is there an adapter kit? Thanks
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 10:29 AM
SSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter1973 View Post
Thanks. Lady claims they were taken off for her by previous owner. So diameter is off and what else? Jetting or is there an adapter kit? Thanks

Father in law has a set off his old street bob I was looking at the other day. I was looking at it because i was thinking of a little noise reduction. The pipe diameter can be dealt with plenty of reducers out there that can slip into the pipe and no one would know. The Harley mufflers also are adjustable for mounting points as well so a small bracket could be made or cut off your old pipes welded or bolted onto the Harley muffler. Looking at the construction at least the ones off this 06 Street Bob they are a straight through design with a honey comb catalytic converter that could be removed. Jetting may not be needed since these would be slipped onto the existing down pipe. It's all a matter of how much work you are willing to do. Cost wise I know i could get these street bob mufflers to fit my bike for about $20 in parts and about 2 hours of time.

2008 V-Star Silverado 1100. K&N filter, airbox mod passenger floor boards, all light visors, ISO grips, Cobra slash cut mufflers, Saddleman touring seat/ tourpack. Lots of little extras.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. I don't know if it's worth the modding the mount. I will think about it. Is the sound aggressive?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 12:03 PM
SSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter1973 View Post
Thanks. I don't know if it's worth the modding the mount. I will think about it. Is the sound aggressive?
You dont need to mod the mount but you need to attach the mufflers im not sure it will show in this link but https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...mxPJU-vfhrkdSA

The Harley mufflers attach to the frame and have a slide type mounting point our bikes use hanger type mounting points you need to make a hanger its easy. As far as sound no clue a star wont sound like a harley but from a performance aspect the star muffler has tubes so the exh must flow into the chamber and the cat converter then its forced into a pipe then another pipe to exit. The Harley muffler is straight through except for where the exh gases enter there is a straight through honey comb converter far less restriction then the star muffler.

2008 V-Star Silverado 1100. K&N filter, airbox mod passenger floor boards, all light visors, ISO grips, Cobra slash cut mufflers, Saddleman touring seat/ tourpack. Lots of little extras.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 03:30 PM

I put drilled dyna mufflers on my 1100 sounds great. I had cobra full exhaust and the dynas fit right on, I did fab a bracket.you can see a picture on my album, but they look like warm shiit, I don't care tho for now.the cobras were making my ears pound.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 06:18 PM

Are you talking about changing just the mufflers, or the front pipes too?

Doing the mufflers is doable with some modification ..... if it is a full system, good luck. Everything on the Dyna exhaust comes out at different angles than the 650. Unless you have a pipe bender to get the right angles, it's not going to work.

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode