Saddlemen Renegade Deluxe solo seat - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Saddlemen Renegade Deluxe solo seat

Hi all. I'm trying to decide on this seat for my 09 950. Can't really find any reviews on it. I'm not looking to spend too much(mustang seats), and I'm thinking this can't be any worse than the stock seat. Mine is coming apart underneath. The staples are coming out I guess because of the way I sit on it. The yellow foam is starting to show. And after about 30 minutes it's unbearable. Anyway, anyone have experience with this saddlemen or one similar to it?
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ39213
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 10:26 PM
SSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by owatkins2 View Post
Hi all. I'm trying to decide on this seat for my 09 950. Can't really find any reviews on it. I'm not looking to spend too much(mustang seats), and I'm thinking this can't be any worse than the stock seat. Mine is coming apart underneath. The staples are coming out I guess because of the way I sit on it. The yellow foam is starting to show. And after about 30 minutes it's unbearable. Anyway, anyone have experience with this saddlemen or one similar to it?
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ39213
Thanks.
Not a huge fan of saddlemen seats. I have the explorer which has the same profile as the one in your link. I don't find it comfortable. I know it's hard to do but seriously try to find one and sit in it before you buy. Don't be like me Out of cash and no comfort

2008 V-Star Silverado 1100. K&N filter, airbox mod passenger floor boards, all light visors, ISO grips, Cobra slash cut mufflers, Saddleman touring seat/ tourpack. Lots of little extras.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2015, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Hmm. Okay. Thanks for replying. Is it any better than the stock seat? There's just no way I can afford anything more than that. Really can't afford this, but its getting to the point where I don't wanna ride much anymore.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 07:54 AM

If you haven't done so yet, search around the forum. I have seen posts where folks talked about sending their seat off to have it reworked. Most seem happy with the results and the cost.

2006 V-Star 1100 Classic
Completely debadged
Silverado windshield and passing lamps
Floorboard extensions
OE Highway bar with custom mounting brackets
Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highways pegs
Kuryakyn grips
Passenger floorboards
Barons Nasty Boy Slip-ons
Maxair pods
Mustang seats
Kuryakyn led headlight halo
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 10:16 AM
SSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by owatkins2 View Post
Hmm. Okay. Thanks for replying. Is it any better than the stock seat? There's just no way I can afford anything more than that. Really can't afford this, but its getting to the point where I don't wanna ride much anymore.
Its slightly more comfortable then the stock seat. Meaning on a typical ride i do around the mountains I would get the butt burning about 5 miles past the lake I would guesstimate about 40 miles into the trip. Now i can go about 75 miles in before the burning starts. You may try looking at Danny Grey seats. I loved the way i felt in that seat but the wife did not like the little hump they provided for her to sit on. Those are not a bad price at all and way better quality IMO.

2008 V-Star Silverado 1100. K&N filter, airbox mod passenger floor boards, all light visors, ISO grips, Cobra slash cut mufflers, Saddleman touring seat/ tourpack. Lots of little extras.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 03:48 PM

I had my 1300 tourer seat recovered locally after cutting the foam down myself. I highly recommend having the stock seat reworked! much more cost effective than the aftermarket seats and I just spent 3 straight days on mine after getting it back (more than 15 hours over 3 days in the saddle and could have done much more) and absolutely love it!! looks like a baby mustang seat!

so many roads.... so little time
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-04-2015, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Thank you all for replying!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 06:21 PM

Hi I put lambswool covers on my seat and the pillion seat but I put egg shell foam on the seats before I put the covers on. Cost about half the price of getting new seats and its comfortable to ride on.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 08:33 PM Thread Starter

O ok. That sounds good. I think I've decided to wait untill I have some money to buy an ultimate seat. I've seen good reviews from a lot of people with all makes of cruisers, so I'll just try to hang in there for a bit. Thanks for all of everybodys input.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-26-2015, 11:27 PM

Garage
Cool Ultimate seats

I would definitely recommend the Ultimate seat. Have had one on my last three bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode