Star 1300 Deluxe - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
genleega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 84
Star 1300 Deluxe


Doing research on the deluxe:

1) What do you not like about your 1300 Deluxe?
2) In order to hear GPS instructions better and to answer/call hands free blue tooth phone, is there a connection for helmet speakers/mike?

Thanks in advance.

BLUE BIKE CLUB

2012 V-Star 950 Tourer
genleega is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 11:15 AM
Member
 
CapoArgentino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Fullerton
Posts: 51
2014 Deluxe owner here.

Only thing I can think of is the jerkiness while on 1st gear roll offs which require riding the clutch slightly in order to avoid. If you already have a 1300 you know what I mean. Same engine so same thing.

Other than that its a excellent bike. I spent a few minutes and cant think about anything bad about it.

For answering calls/hearing GPS better, etc you will need a helmet Bluetooth earpiece w/ mic. I wouldnt use a wired headset.
CapoArgentino is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
genleega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 84
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoArgentino View Post
2014 Deluxe owner here.

Only thing I can think of is the jerkiness while on 1st gear roll offs which require riding the clutch slightly in order to avoid. If you already have a 1300 you know what I mean. Same engine so same thing.

Other than that its a excellent bike. I spent a few minutes and cant think about anything bad about it.

For answering calls/hearing GPS better, etc you will need a helmet Bluetooth earpiece w/ mic. I wouldnt use a wired headset.
Thanks for the response. I see--bluetooth to the GPS

BLUE BIKE CLUB

2012 V-Star 950 Tourer
genleega is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 04:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Slayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Germanton, NC
Posts: 417
Another 1300 Deluxe owner. It is a great motorcycle. The ride is relatively smooth. It has plenty of power but has potential to wake up with some typical mods (exhaust, intake, fuel management). It rides bigger than it is meaning you get a bigger bike ride from the 1300.

I've learned to handle the throttle so that the jerkiness mentioned above is not an issue. Drilling the stock air box helps with that problem some.

Like most motorcycles in its class the stock seat can be uncomfortable for extended rides, I added a gel pad and it makes a huge difference. Others add an aftermarket seat. Most typical add ons are available for the 1300 Deluxe.

I use a Sena SMH5 headset for accessing the GPS and hands free phone options with the GPS. My wife has a Sena headset too so we have intercom as well.

I've added engine guards, Air Chaps, passenger floorboards, a sissy bar/passenger backrest, and a 12 volt outlet in the left saddlebag. Will be adding an air horn next week because the stock horn is wimpy. Am looking for some second hand saddlebag guards.

2013 Yamaha V Star 1300 Deluxe
2011 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
Slayer is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2015, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
genleega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
Another 1300 Deluxe owner. It is a great motorcycle. The ride is relatively smooth. It has plenty of power but has potential to wake up with some typical mods (exhaust, intake, fuel management). It rides bigger than it is meaning you get a bigger bike ride from the 1300.

I've learned to handle the throttle so that the jerkiness mentioned above is not an issue. Drilling the stock air box helps with that problem some.

Like most motorcycles in its class the stock seat can be uncomfortable for extended rides, I added a gel pad and it makes a huge difference. Others add an aftermarket seat. Most typical add ons are available for the 1300 Deluxe.

I use a Sena SMH5 headset for accessing the GPS and hands free phone options with the GPS. My wife has a Sena headset too so we have intercom as well.

I've added engine guards, Air Chaps, passenger floorboards, a sissy bar/passenger backrest, and a 12 volt outlet in the left saddlebag. Will be adding an air horn next week because the stock horn is wimpy. Am looking for some second hand saddlebag guards.
Good info! Thanks

BLUE BIKE CLUB

2012 V-Star 950 Tourer
genleega is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 05:30 AM
Member
 
Worty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Carrying Place, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 39
I don't have one but my buddy has a 2014. He doesn't use any Bluetooth device when getting a call. uses the speakers and the mic on the bike. as long as he is going 60 mph or less the caller doesn't even know hes on the bike.

2016 FZ 07

2004 V Star 650 Classic (SOLD)
Vance and Hines Cruzers
Worty is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
genleega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worty View Post
I don't have one but my buddy has a 2014. He doesn't use any Bluetooth device when getting a call. uses the speakers and the mic on the bike. as long as he is going 60 mph or less the caller doesn't even know hes on the bike.
Interesting! Thank you.

BLUE BIKE CLUB

2012 V-Star 950 Tourer
genleega is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 08:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 42
I've got a 2013 dlx, first one my dealer got in. GPS guidance comes over the built-in speakers, or you can pair with with a bluetooth helmet, comm systems, whatever. Mine runs best on the 89 octane available here in upstate NY, YMMV. They did not provide a way to lock the GPS holder, or anything to fill it when you remove the GPS; it just leaves a gaping hole. I cut some foam to shape to keep water, bugs, etc out. Stock tires worked well, but only lasted me 7K miles. I replaced them with Dunlop American Elite and they work real well, and have 9K miles and are about half way worn. I replaced the seat (Corbin Dual Tour) almost immediately.

Let's see: I mentioned gas, tires, and seat. Pretty much the trifecta to start a lively discussion on a motorcycle forum.
BudTheGrey is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
genleega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 84
And I also thank you for the input. All responses have been very helpful.

I expected to get back some really smart a** replys like I have received some time ago. I then quit using this 4um.

Thanks again.

BLUE BIKE CLUB

2012 V-Star 950 Tourer
genleega is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by genleega View Post
I expected to get back some really smart a** replys ....
Save them for after you buy the bike, and someone asks you which Harley that is. You can tell them "the one that costs half as much as doesn't break"
BudTheGrey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome