HyperCharger with Pod Kit - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

HyperCharger with Pod Kit

Just curios if anyone has installed a HyperCharger after they installed their Pod Kit?

I was thinking maybe later on, after i installed my Pod Kit (in a few weeks) on getting one, if the Hyper Charger would still work like its suppose to with the vacuum and all that? meaning wiggle the butterfly valves while idling and all that cool looking jazz.

I know it would be Purely for Looks only, and not a functional intake. But i would still want the butterflies to still wobble and open and close as the bike runs?

Would the Hyper Charger do that with a pod kin installed? Or would they just open and close? or do nothing?

I would hope they "look" like they do when they are installed to the intake normally.

I don't want to spend the money for them not to look like they are completely fake and inoperable visually.

Anyone done that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 09:46 PM

I have two Hyperchargers with my pods
One of each side .. It looks great!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

do they work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 10:53 PM

Absolutely... In order to work all they need is the vacuum line connected to them...
When you install pods you plug the vacuum line ... So all I did was to unplug the line and connect the front cylinder's line to the right Hypercharger and the rear cylinder line to the left Hypercharger

And her is my Monster after a quick ride today!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

holy boob sauce?! that's a hell of a bike, looks bigger than an 1100, but i guess it is an 1100. Nice ride. Ill get hard bags one of these days. Love the paint job.

so all that butterfly movement is from the vacuum lines? thought it might be. Dont want to spend $250 or so to find out the hard way.

Here is a clip of what im talking about, just cuz i did a crappy job of explaining: https://youtu.be/NKhaBrs_b60?t=33s

So, Maustarman, yours does this, even with the pods installed?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 11:05 PM

Thanks,

Yep.. Both of them ... Since they have no other use I took off the filter and put red LEDs inside them so when the butterflies move that's a show on its own
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 11:10 PM

I wouldn't buy a new Hypercharger just to have it for looks...
Search your local CL or eBay for a cheap one..
It doesn't matter if it's for a Harley or whatever it will work for what you want it.
I had my right one before the pods and I payed 5 bucks for the left one out of a Harley
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

sweet, thanks Maustarman! appreciate it.

now to find a cheap one and some free time.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 08:37 AM

I got mine with a pair of 1100 carbs all for $100. As Mau says... they will work fine. Worst case scenario is that you need to buy a new vacuum diaphragm or do a some minor fixing. I've got mine set up with all of the mounting and attachments just like it comes from Kury. My air box is gone so now it serves to move air onto the rear cylinder. Not sure if it helps in cooling much, but it does look good!

Mine was rusted pretty good so it got a coat of 2 stage urethane and some stripes.

Sick Mick* 2006 V Star 1100 Custom

--- Striping, lettering and paint by Sick Mick 6* Tree - 2" extended forks 21" front wheel - HK Sideburners - Progressive rear shock Pods Sick Mick solenoid delete - Spring seat - and other stuff

Last edited by Sick Mick; 02-20-2016 at 08:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode