Coming in the back door - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 3Likes
  • 4 Post By chek
  • 2 Post By chek

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Coming in the back door

I confess that I don't spend a lot of time on this site. Since having registered back in about 2011 after purchasing a 950 tourer for my significant other, and having done mods such as electronic cruise and pillion and backrest removal and so on, I disappeared into the woodwork. Her bike has been good, she loves it, has 20 plus some odd thousand kilometers so far.
As my bike has since 2010 been an FLHTK, I have had no need to get onto the Yamaha site. I'm sure no one here wants to hear about how an FLHTK has fared in our family.
Some changes; although the FLHTK is still with us today, its days are numbered. I have just purchased a FJR1300ES, a new 2015, and my riding time will now be on something different. Main reason for the change to different riding style is that I no longer need the 2 up comfort of a full size tour bike, as she now quite enjoys being on her own wheels and does not want to sit behind me and watch me control what happens. So I've shed about 250 pounds of bike and gained 45 horsepower and two cylinders, plus some sporty handling, a definite plus, I think.
Now we just need to open this forum up to the other part of the Yammy family....

2002 VTX1800R (gone)
2010 Ultra Ltd
2009 V-Star 950
1986 Virago 535 (gone)
2015 FJR1300ES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

there's always the "general bike" and "other motorcycles" section here

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 11:55 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chek View Post
having done mods such as electronic cruise
Please expand! I tried installing a Rostra system but I couldn't get the throttle cable in a good enough position that made me comfortable enough to risk my life. Could you possibly provide some photos?

2012 V Star 950 Tourer

Mods:
Memphis Shades Batwing
Yamaha Passenger Floorboards
Kuryakyn Power Point
Kuryakyn Quick Connect Cell Phone Holder
Oxford Premium Cruiser Heated Grips
Scootworks Phatriser I Risers
Cobra Powerflo Air Intake
Cobra Fi2000R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Hi Stose85,

The cruise I installed was/is a Rostra system, I forget what part number, but I will do some digging for you. I installed it behind the right hand side saddlebag (her bike is a touring model), where it is away from the engine heat and gives me a nice unfettered run to the throttle body. I made a cable housing end bracket that fits onto the top of the front cylinder head (backside). It has worked well, completely trouble free so far. The module holding/protecting bracket I made is out of about 16 gauge stainless sheet metal. I will get you some photos, although I may not be able to do that till the w.e. when I change out front and rear tires. If you text me at 2504270981 I can send some photos direct to your phone, as I have a heck of a time posting photos on forums. I will keep you posted.
On the other hand, bring the bike up and we can install it over a couple of cold ones! :-)

Chek
Stose85 and Stose85 like this.

2002 VTX1800R (gone)
2010 Ultra Ltd
2009 V-Star 950
1986 Virago 535 (gone)
2015 FJR1300ES
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2016, 05:06 PM

Garage
I just noticed you're in BC I wonder if the texts will go through. I'll give it a shot.

2012 V Star 950 Tourer

Mods:
Memphis Shades Batwing
Yamaha Passenger Floorboards
Kuryakyn Power Point
Kuryakyn Quick Connect Cell Phone Holder
Oxford Premium Cruiser Heated Grips
Scootworks Phatriser I Risers
Cobra Powerflo Air Intake
Cobra Fi2000R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode