Trying to find the foot controls - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Trying to find the foot controls

One thing I've noticed while getting used to the 950 (with boards) is that I'm always moving my feet around to find the shift lever and rear brake pedal. I'm not super short and can reach them just fine but I'm used to sitting on sport bikes where your toes are always near the controls. Is this just a mental adjustment thing or am I doing it wrong?

2011 V Star 950
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 10:36 AM

Sounds just like me when I first rode my 950. The heel toe shifter is something I had to get used to, but in a short time I became comfortable with it and would not want to go back to the toe only shifter. The rear brake pedal is a little high (for me) off the board, but again, I got used to it. If I'm not mistaken, there are ways to adjust the brake pedal and if there are, I'm sure someone with much more mechanical abillity will chime in with suggestions.

Jeff
BLUE BIKE CLUB
2012 V-Star 950T-Impact Blue

Kuryakyn ISO grips
Back-Off taillight modulator
OEM passing lights
OEM luggage rack
OEM engine guards, saddlebag guards and trim rails
Marlin Talon gauges
Show Chrome Headlight & Passing Light visors
Mustang 2 piece wide touring seat with backrest/studs
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-06-2016, 12:20 PM

There is definitely a different feel to it, but after awhile, it will be second nature to you.

I felt the 950's floorboards were very comfortable and had just enough angle for me. I could take or leave the heal shifter but did use it.

I've read a lot of threads about how riders wanted foot pegs and as I remember, most don't convert because of how much work it takes.

I don't know how long you've had the bike, but I'd give it a chance to see if you can adjust to it before doing that kind of modification.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode