Anyone seen this? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes
  • 2 Post By bevo1981

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Location: Crowsnest Pass as of Feb 25. Finally out of the fricken prairies.
Anyone seen this?

https://youtu.be/awpTGDGdjXg
Seems a little over the top. It's not a safety concern. It's a inherent annoyance. But to sue for it is a bit far. I looked at it as an opportunity to improve my bike. Which I would have done anyway with or without the rattle. What's your thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 10:51 AM

This was a brand new bike, I think he's 100% entitled to Yamaha making it right, there should be zero noise coming from the forks. The video is 6 years old but I agree with him 100%. Imagine when he tries to sell the bike and has to try and explain this to the potential buyer afte he takes it out for a test drive and gets that racket from the forks? If I was the potential buyer, I would have walked away from that deal immediately.

So clearly Yamaha was not fixing this to his satisfaction, so he took it to the next level, good for him. I would not let it go either... there's no way I should have to be "improving" my forks within a year of buying a brand new bike. Wonder what ended up happening...

Dan
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 10:55 AM

I was looking at the comments and I see stuff like this is over the top, or do your research, you can fix it with this etc etc. Sorry but this is a brand new bike from the dealer, he shouldn't HAVE to do all that. It's under waranty, there's no friggin way the guy should have had to spend a penny to do anything other than drive it to the dealer and get it fixed properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 01:48 PM
Elk

I agree with the previous two posts. Brand new, needs to be fixed.
I would like to know what the outcome of this was...
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 03:12 PM

Garage
he specifically said the exsisting fork problem damaged the steering bearings which i'm assuming are the neck bearings that yamaha had to replace but whats to stop the bearings from going bad again and maybe causing injury yamaha should fix the problem before the guy gets hurt.

dumb bikers don't get to be old bikers
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2016, 03:42 PM

I'm interested to know if motorcycles fall under the Lemon Laws in his state. I had a major issue with a 350Z years ago and had to stick it to Nissan. I can't discuss the settlement terms but can say it was resolved and I made out pretty good. Maybe that's why we haven't heard from this guy again since.

2011 V Star 950
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator

how is this not a safety issue? you hear grinding like that, it's metal on metal. if something's not fitting or secure enough so that it's making that noise, isn't there a good chance it's going to fail while you're riding and potentially cause an accident?

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
how is this not a safety issue? you hear grinding like that, it's metal on metal. if something's not fitting or secure enough so that it's making that noise, isn't there a good chance it's going to fail while you're riding and potentially cause an accident?
Manufacturers will say anything to deflect blame and avoid increasing their costs. You should have heard some of the crap the Nissan engineer tried to say in the hearing.

Not that either are bad companies, but there are definitely some bad policies in the name of profit.

2011 V Star 950
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-20-2016, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

but people on the youtube comments and in this thread are saying it's not a safety concern. i don't know why it wouldn't be.
shadowride69 and shadowride69 like this.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode